LaFonera Hardware Logo-Removal (fr)
From DD-WRT Wiki
 Removal using Metal Polish
Metal polish is powerful enough to abrade metal, which means that the solvent is also strong enough to dissolve the paint of the FON logo on La Fonera. 
This is the cleanest and most effective way to get rid of the logo without removing any plastic from the top or creating unnecessary scratches.
 Things needed
- Metal polish (stainless steel cleaner, brasso, etc.)
- Kitchen paper (thick tissue paper works fine too)
- Dampen kitchen paper with metal polish
- Rub soaked portion of kitchen paper over FON logo
- Logo will dissolve into polish - Use a fresh piece of kitchen paper if it is too stained
- DO NOT get any paint onto the WLAN, LAN and POWER labels, or they'll come off too. You can cover them with adhesive tape of some kind to make sure you don't damage them.
- Clean up any leftover polish with a DRY kitchen paper
- Clean up trace polish (or else it may degrade the plastic) using a damp kitchen towel (dampen with water)
- Enjoy your unbranded Fonera!
 Optional Extra Step: Polish Plastic
After removing the logo with brasso I found there were some very fine scratches which are visible in the right light. Nothing serious, and you won't see them unless you realy look closely and reflect a light off it, but I was able to get rid of them by polishing the logo area with normal toothpaste (not gel toothpaste) which is a very fine abrasive.
- Remove the white cover from the LaFonera.
- Squeeze a small amount of tooth paste onto the logo area, about the size of a pea or slightly larger.
- Using a soft cloth rub the toothpaste into the logo area for 2-3 minutes or more. You may need to add some more toothpaste half way through if it dries up too much.
- Clean the toothpaste off with plain water and dry with a soft cloth.
- Re-assemble your LaFonera.
If you can't find any suitable soft cloths to use, cotton wool should be ok.
 Alternate Methods
See the discussion page for previously suggested methods which may not be as effective.
this page was made by wildblue!