Linksys WRT310N v2.0
From DD-WRT Wiki
 Installation Procedure
Only use Broadcom_K26 firmware images for v2 310N routers
(The instructions below are very basic. Until this page is edited to be more complete, if you are not familiar with the process to upgrade Linksys routers with DD-WRT firmware take some time to reference pages for similar devices)
- Download the "trailed" version for the initial flash (filename will end with "_K2.6_mini_wrt310nv2.bin")
Current recommended release 14929 from the Peacock thread broadcom_K26/dd-wrt.v24-14929_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_wrt310nv2.bin
Release 15940 is reported stable in the forum and was the only release referenced on this page before editing on 2011-05-30 broadcom_K26/dd-wrt.v24-15940_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_wrt310nv2.bin
- Download the desired generic release for the final flash (filename will not have wrt310nv2 in the name). Be sure you understand which version (mini, small etc) is compatible with this router. Read Note 4 in the Peacock thread and then reference the K26 Comparison Table
Current recommended release 14929 files from the Peacock thread can be found here ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2010/08-12-10-r14929/broadcom_K26/
Release 15940 is reported stable in the forum and was the only release referenced on this page before editing on 2011-05-30. Files can be found here ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2010/12-18-10-r15940/broadcom_K26/
(Leaving this from previous page edit - You may flash r15940/broadcom_K26/dd-wrt.v24-15940_NEWD-2_K2.6_std_nokaid_small.bin if you want IPv6 support)
- FROM THIS POINT YOU SHOULD FOLLOW THE STANDARD PROCESS FOR UPGRADING CISCO/LINKSYS DEVICES. THE STEPS BELOW NEED EDITING TO BE COMPLETE FOR A BEGINNER
- Reset the router
Method A) While on, push and hold down the reset button continuously for 30 seconds, unplug the power while continuing to hold for another 30 seconds, then plug back in while continuing to hold reset button for a final 30 seconds. (90 second button hold-down time)
Method B) plug the router in and hold down the reset button immediately for 5 seconds.
- Go to http://192.168.1.1/ and you'll see a "management" page with two options, to upload a new firmware and Reset NVRAM, Click 'Reset NVRAM' Wait a few seconds and then reset the router with the method that worked for you.
- Update with the initial/trailed firmware by going to http://192.168.1.1/ and clicking 'Upload a new firmware' and selecting the initial/trailed file you downloaded from above
- After the upload completes, wait 3 minutes to let the router 'settle down' after the 'upgrade successful' message.
- Unplug your router for a minute, then plug back in. Go to http://192.168.1.1/ and you should see DD-WRT's control panel.
- Now update with the final/generic firmware you downloaded from above.
- Be sure you have read the Peacock thread FOUND HERE before using this page
- Also reference the thread for the current recommended build FOUND HERE. (Titled "Firmware Recommendations - Still 14929 - 03/24/11" as of this edit 05/30/11)
- K26 Comparison Table can be found HERE. (Remember this is a 4MB router and cannot support all of these)
- The main forum thread for this model and version router can be found here http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=57459&highlight=wrt310
- Do not try to over clock this router or change the clock, keep it at 300Mhz or else it can and or will overheat