Linksys WRT54GS v3.0
From DD-WRT Wiki
 Flashing Instructions
Always make sure your broswer cache is cleared before doing this procedure
1) Restore Factory defaults from linksys webgui, download this dd-wrt build WRT54G Trailed Build
2) Set a static IP on computer than you are flashing with, set it to 192.168.1.5
3) Access the linksys webgui at http://192.168.1.1 l:admin p:admin
4) Go to the tab Administration > Firmware Upgrade and select the WRT54G Trailed Build file that you downloaded in step 1.
5) Go ahead and flash, you need to wait 6 minutes for file to completely flash safely, do not power cycle or reset in any way!
6) Browser should refresh to the new dd-wrt webgui at 192.168.1.1 prompting you to change your user/password. Go ahead and enter a temporary user/pass.
7) Once in the dd-wrt webgui go to Administration > Factory Defaults and select to restore factory defaults.
8) This will hard reset your router, which will take about 2-3 minutes to complete.
9) After it is finished you can then re-access the dd-wrt webgui at 192.168.1.1, it will again want you to set a user/pass, go ahead and do so, then begin to set settings and enjoy dd-wrt.
- Also as a side note, if you intend on using DHCP, you will want to unset your static ip.
- If you want to run a different build flavor you are not limited to only running mini, this unit can run micro, mini, nokaid, and std flavors of dd-wrt. Do not use anything bigger than those or risk bricking your unit.
- Newer builds can be found in the dd-wrt file server. I use broadcom specific eko builds on my v3 which can be found in his build branch of the ftp. Currently I use 15230 mini-hotspot-kaid which seems to work well. Remember, newer is not always better and you should always reference the forum for build posts. Build 12548 also works well on these older G only routers