Linksys WRT54G v3.1
From DD-WRT Wiki
Linksys WRT54G v3.1
You should not have to use VINT builds on this unit. The only time you should have to use a VINT build on this unit is if you want to make use of Multiple WLANs. If you do not plan on using this feature you can use a NEWD build as linked in the flashing instructions below.
 Updated Flashing Instructions
Always make sure your broswer cache is cleared before doing this procedure and CAREFULLY read the peacock announcement at the start of the broadcom forum before flashing: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=51486
1) Restore Factory defaults from linksys webgui, download this dd-wrt build WRT54G Trailed Build
2) Set a static IP on computer than you are flashing with, set it to 192.168.1.5
3) Access the linksys webgui at http://192.168.1.1 l:admin p:admin
4) Go to the tab Administration > Firmware Upgrade and select the WRT54G Trailed Build file that you downloaded in step 1.
5) Go ahead and flash, you need to wait 6 minutes for file to completely flash safely, do not power cycle or reset in any way!
6) Browser should refresh to the new dd-wrt webgui at 192.168.1.1 prompting you to change your user/password. Power cycle your router at this point, and then go ahead and enter a temporary user/pass after the router restarts.
7) Once in the dd-wrt webgui go to Administration > Factory Defaults and select to restore factory defaults.
8) This will hard reset your router, which will take about 2-3 minutes to complete.
9) After it is finished you can then re-access the dd-wrt webgui at 192.168.1.1, it will again want you to set a user/pass, go ahead and do so, then begin to set settings and enjoy dd-wrt.
- Also as a side note, if you intend on using DHCP, you will want to unset your static ip.
- If you want to run a different build flavor you are not limited to only running mini, this unit can run micro, mini, nokaid, and std flavors of dd-wrt. Do not use anything bigger than those or risk bricking your unit.
- Newer builds can be found in the dd-wrt file server linked in the peacock announcement, as you saw when you read it before flashing!