Belkin Play Max F7D4301v1 now partially supported

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
bacon612
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 19:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
speakxj7 wrote:
Fuli10 wrote:
Hello,
I have a F7D4301v1 (the one with gigabits ports).
Till a long time, I'm trying to update the router into a K3.x release. It has never worked except once Rolling Eyes
When it works, I was on k2.6 build, have done some vlan change and update without erasing the nvram.
Now, I'm not able to reproduce this configuration and I really don't know why...

Today, I've set a serial on the router, and now I understand why it doesn't work: no vlan appear after the boot !
So I've tried many nvram setting (for example this one)
Code:

nvram set vlan0ports="1 2 3 4 5*"
nvram set vlan1ports="1 2 3 4 8*"
nvram set vlan2ports="0 8"

nvram set port0vlans=2
nvram set port1vlans=1
nvram set port2vlans=1
nvram set port3vlans=1
nvram set port4vlans=1
nvram set port5vlans="1 2 16"

nvram set vlan0hwname=et0
nvram set vlan1hwname=et0
nvram set vlan2hwname=et0

Nothing seems to work Rolling Eyes
Why ?
And how can I configure manually ports and vlan ?

edit:
OK, it seems that the default NVRAM configuration are totally wrong for this board. Indeed, only wifi is working and so after I've set manually ports on correct vlans (vlan 1 = LAN, vlan 2 = WAN) everything is fine.

fuli, can you share the vlan setup that you got working in some detail? did you do it though the GUI, or strictly via commands?

aside:

on the latest build 2.6 kernel: wired works, and 5ghz works, but 2.4ghz doesn't seem to work out of the box.

on the same build for 3.x kernel: 5ghz & 2.4ghz work, but the wired is kaput. i also note that i think some mac addresses got hosed, could be a factor (though they still seemed to be mapped correctly to the 'new' values).

i tried a few different vlan setups, but never got the lan part of the switch setup right. (didn't bother to test the wan VLAN without it)

my preference is to be on 3.x kernel, so i didn't bother trying to chase down the 2.4ghz issue on the 2.6 kernel build (2.4ghz is super crowded here too, fwiw)

for reference 'latest' is the builds from early feb 2016, and i am working with a play max.

example:
02-09-2016-r29059

@speakxj7 Care to share how you were able to get k3.x on the 4302? I am running k2.6 r29059 big but also would like to be on k3.x kernel. Ive cleared nvram and tried to flash k3.x big builds but they wont take.
Sponsor
speakxj7
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
you might be over thinking it, flash the k3x broadcom build (w/factory reset), you should be able to connect to the default unsecure dd-wrt network wifi and hit the admin page to start setting things up.

let me know if you figure out the vlan settings to get ethernet up. I'll poke at it again soon.
speakxj7
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 21:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
short update, tested with a newer 3.x build. mac address issue and wired connection were fixed.

don't have the build # in front of me.

so that's great! but it seems to have brought back an issue where i can only have one radio band active Sad
not fully a dealbreaker for me, but still trying to sort that out.
native_tx
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 18:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
speakxj7 wrote:
short update, tested with a newer 3.x build. mac address issue and wired connection were fixed.

don't have the build # in front of me.

so that's great! but it seems to have brought back an issue where i can only have one radio band active Sad
not fully a dealbreaker for me, but still trying to sort that out.

I'm currently using Linux 3.10.98 #11713 Wed Mar 2 12:58:53 CET 2016 mips DD-WRT, and some to most of things with mac addresses and radios not available have been cleared up however trying to get the mimo auto to a different setting causes problems to the wl1 and you are unable to connect to your 5hz but on the 2.4 it'll show 130mbps instead of 65mbps when you are using it before you make changes of any kind to the mimo but even though both radios are actually working well just not to a full mimo tranmission rate. I've read wikis and ran ways to work around it but was unsuccessful. also a problem with using HTB and fq_codel seems to drop you bandwidth down to 60% even your upload/download have been placed in Qos, currently using HFSC and fq_codel which works very well, I'm sure developers can work out those issues they gotten this firmware for this little machine this far and I'm pleased.
speakxj7
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 21:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
forum was giving error on post for me a couple days ago so i'll try again and retype this
[edit: posting is broken for chrome, worked in ff]

had some success fixing wired connection from a clean state/factory reset dd-wrt. (instead of a dirty/upgraded nvram state like some might be doing)

changed nvram
lan_ifnames=vlan0 eth1 eth2 eth3
from vlan0 to vlan1

i'm using it as an ap and not a router, so that was enough to fix the switch, i'll test routing later.

Router ModelBelkin F7D4301 / F7D8301 v1
Firmware Version DD-WRT v3.0-r29739 mega (05/19/16)
Kernel VersionLinux 3.10.101 #12650 Thu May 19 09:17:55 CEST 2016 mips

if anyone who is fully working on a recent build wants to post some of their nvram vlan settings, that would be pretty cool.
native_tx
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 21:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
speakxj7 wrote:
forum was giving error on post for me a couple days ago so i'll try again and retype this

had some success fixing wired connection from a clean state/factory reset dd-wrt. (instead of a dirty/upgraded nvram state like some might be doing)

changed nvram
from vlan0 to vlan1

i'm using it as an ap and not a router, so that was enough to fix the switch, i'll test routing later.

if anyone who is fully working on a recent build wants to post some of their nvram vlan settings, that would be pretty cool.

I'm curious as why you are changing vlans in order to using the belkin as an AP?
speakxj7
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
native_tx wrote:
speakxj7 wrote:

changed nvram
from vlan0 to vlan1

I'm curious as why you are changing vlans in order to using the belkin as an AP?

because otherwise the lan-side switch is inoperable. in ap mode that's how you connect it to the network it is AP'ing to. (right?)

lan port to lan port.
native_tx
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
speakxj7 wrote:
native_tx wrote:
speakxj7 wrote:

changed nvram
from vlan0 to vlan1

because otherwise the lan-side switch is inoperable. in ap mode that's how you connect it to the network it is AP'ing to. (right?)

lan port to lan port.

I get what you are trying to accomplish but be sure to read the tutorial fully, in order to start over from scratch you'll need to clear nvram to repair the vlan settimgs you've done. That tutorial will explain what needs to be disabled and setup properly. May i ask do you have a similar setup as the one on the picture?
jand
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, can someone write what is the latest FW for F7D4301 v1. Alternatively download link.
thank you very much
native_tx
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 22:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
jand wrote:
Hi, can someone write what is the latest FW for F7D4301 v1. Alternatively download link.
thank you very much

Not sure if there are updates to this model only the build that was developed 4 years ago. Unless someone else may have a better answer. It seems to have used the mini.bin, mini.big files from EKO of course you may have read this information.
1)dd-wrt.v24-18946_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini.bin
2)dd-wrt.v24-18946_NEWD-2_K2.6_big.bin
I do see similar files in the current betas ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2016/07-01-2016-r30082/
You maybe familiar about your model and know how the procedure goes in order to install firmware and how to recover, i'd try broadcom_K3X dir the mega.bin file size 7.3 MB if you flashed the old original firmware from EKO your going to have to use the mini server I recommend the mini server, to clear nvram and load the new firmware if there is a problem you'll know right away.
speakxj7
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:56    Post subject: fixed Reply with quote
got recent k3.x working [completely] from scratch (factory reset in dd-wrt) (including routing, wired, and all radios)

need k3.x kernel for 5ghz support

after factory reset, connect over default wifi and make the following changes from telnet, etc.

Code:

root@DD-WRT:~# nvram set lan_ifnames="vlan1 eth1"
root@DD-WRT:~# nvram set vlan0ports="0 1 2 3 8*"
root@DD-WRT:~# nvram set vlan1ports="3 2 1 0 8*"
root@DD-WRT:~# nvram set vlan2ports="4 8"
root@DD-WRT:~# nvram commit
root@DD-WRT:~# reboot

tested on 29739

first change fixes lan interfaces (switch is live), last 3 changes fix port assignments and cpu/default vlans (wan port and routing).

some bugs/conflation in the dd-wrt firmware on vlan numerology but this dances around them p.d.g.

will report a bug later... been running from this setup for a week as primary router and it's kicking ass.
testerddwrt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:17    Post subject: Re: fixed Reply with quote
speakxj7 wrote:
got recent k3.x working [completely] from scratch (factory reset in dd-wrt) (including routing, wired, and all radios)

after factory reset, connect over default wifi and make the following changes from telnet, etc.

Code:

tested on 29739

first change fixes lan interfaces (switch is live), last 3 changes fix port assignments and cpu/default vlans (wan port and routing).

some bugs/conflation in the dd-wrt firmware on vlan numerology but this dances around them p.d.g.

will report a bug later... been running from this setup for a week as primary router and it's kicking ass.

speakxj7: Is your router Belkin N600 F7D8301? Which particular ddwrt firware did you use?
I'm currently using dd-wrt.v24-21061_NEWD2_K2.6_mega.bin2_K2.6_mega.bin
date: 2013-04-19

Don't want to risk and afraid to brick if I choose wrong unsupported ddwrt firmware for Belkin N600 F7D8301.

Please let me know. Thanks so much.
speakxj7
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 22:24    Post subject: Re: fixed Reply with quote
testerddwrt wrote:
speakxj7 wrote:

Code:

tested on 29739

speakxj7: Is your router Belkin N600 F7D8301? Which particular ddwrt firware did you use?
I'm currently using dd-wrt.v24-21061_NEWD2_K2.6_mega.bin2_K2.6_mega.bin
date: 2013-04-19

Don't want to risk and afraid to brick if I choose wrong unsupported ddwrt firmware for Belkin N600 F7D8301.

Please let me know. Thanks so much.

confused about what was unclear, but yeah
Belkin F7D4301 / F7D8301 v1

and
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2016/05-19-2016-r29739/broadcom_K3X/dd-wrt.v24-29739_NEWD-2_K3.x_mega.bin
i'll double check the NV build spec, pretty sure that was it. [edit: yeah that's it]

keep in mind that you'd have to mess up pretty bad to brick this thing, since it has the mini cfe server baked in.

sorry for delay, some reason didn't get notified.
realdreams
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
I flashed dd-wrt.v24_mega_generic.bin by mistake, should be dd-wrt.v24-30880_NEWD-2_K3.x_mega.bin

Now I can't get into mini CPE. If I let the router boot, WPS light flashes once after power plugged in and goes off. If I holds WPS button then plug in power, solid green on WPS light. But in either case, there is no traffic at all from the router...

Edit: nvm, for recovery/upgrade, the cable needs to be plugged into LAN side and miniCPE is at http://192.168.2.1
maczet
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Did someone try use DD WRT ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2016/12-15-2016-r30949/broadcom_K3X/dd-wrt.v24-30949_NEWD-2_K3.x_mega.bin to Belkin N600 F7D8301
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 25 of 27
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: