Support for netgear R6300 / R6300v2 ?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 52, 53, 54  Next
Duxa
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 22:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

I am running the following on r6300v1

DD-WRT v24-sp2 std (c) 2014 NewMedia-NET GmbH
Release: 11/19/14 (SVN revision: build r25344)

It has been running no problem for a year and a half now, very stable (currently been up for over 5 months without reboots). And before that any reboots were due to setting changes that required reboots.

I dont even know where I got the build from, it seems like ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/ doesnt have it.

Anyhow, my questions are:

1) Are there any vulnerabilities that have been fixed since this release that I should upgrade for?

2) Does anyone know if this build has any bugs in it? In 1.5 years of use I havent run into any... but that doesnt mean there arent any.

3) Any reason to update? Since its been rock solid?
Sponsor
Xeon2k8
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 23:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Duxa wrote:
Hi everyone,

I am running the following on r6300v1

DD-WRT v24-sp2 std (c) 2014 NewMedia-NET GmbH
Release: 11/19/14 (SVN revision: build r25344)

It has been running no problem for a year and a half now, very stable (currently been up for over 5 months without reboots). And before that any reboots were due to setting changes that required reboots.

I dont even know where I got the build from, it seems like ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/ doesnt have it.

Anyhow, my questions are:

1) Are there any vulnerabilities that have been fixed since this release that I should upgrade for?

2) Does anyone know if this build has any bugs in it? In 1.5 years of use I havent run into any... but that doesnt mean there arent any.

3) Any reason to update? Since its been rock solid?

If you hadn't have any problem using it on your type of using then I wouldn't even bother in updating.
cweemin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 14:17    Post subject: can't locate rootfs Reply with quote
I have problem loading the latest Kong's build (or ANY dd-wrt) for 6300v2. Attached is the logs.

One thing I noticed in the good boot, the ecc bytes location are printed out.

WM

routergoodboot.txt
 Description:
Good boot

Download
 Filename:  routergoodboot.txt
 Filesize:  17.02 KB
 Downloaded:  725 Time(s)

routerbadboot.txt
 Description:
Log of badboot

Download
 Filename:  routerbadboot.txt
 Filesize:  15.91 KB
 Downloaded:  563 Time(s)

Thortok2000
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 13:35    Post subject: Re: How to Upgrade Charter Firmware? Reply with quote
nolimitz wrote:
Thortok2000 wrote:
I have a R6300v2 provided by charter.
The router continues to say that a firmware update is available however it continues to fail every time I try.

Current version: V1.0.3.28_10.0.71

What it says new version is: 1.0.4.2_10.0.74

It is definitely a charter model with charter firmware on it even though the CH is missing from the version number.

It is my understanding that the router will function just fine using netgear stock firmware instead of charter-specific firmware, if I can just convert it over using dd-wrt. And then once on netgear stock firmware it'll update to the latest version just fine whenever a new version comes out.

First off, is this a correct assumption, and secondly, how do I do it?

I'm not entirely sure because I can't remember, but I may have done something with ddwrt already for this router in order to get to the current version of firmware. I don't -think- I have since factory reset will still revert SSID's to charter-specific ones. But I remember looking into this last time I needed to update firmware, I just forget what, if anything, I did. (It also could have been for the previous router, not for my current R6300v2. In fact I think it was.)

Your assumption is incorrect.

I have two charter R6300v2 routers, i flashed to ddwrt then to netgear stock. Not all changes you do to web gui will work, plus I remember channel numbers were missing for 5Ghz, and 5ghz will only work in N mode ( even if it says upto 1300mbps)

Based on the above, i had to flash the CH variant of the software and issues are solved.

Regardless, i cant stand netgear genie and i use Kongs on both.

You were quite correct about the 5g channel numbers. I've now flashed back to version V1.0.3.6_1.0.63CH and everything appears correctly except for the annoying message that there's a firmware upgrade available.

So the Kongs version will work on a CH model? Is it worth updating to? And how do I switch to it?
FarmerBob
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 21:44    Post subject: Re: can't locate rootfs Reply with quote
cweemin wrote:
I have problem loading the latest Kong's build (or ANY dd-wrt) for 6300v2. Attached is the logs.

WM

I'm not sure if this is your problem, but I read somewhere a while ago that if you update the Netgear Stock Firmware with the latest version (1.0.4.2_10.0.74) that accommodates the new FCC 5G regs, that you will not be able to load any third party FW after doing so. Ever. Which to me totally contradicts their recent 3rd Party FW push. I haven't updated just because of that. But haven't run any DD-WRT either since the last time it "half bricked" my 6300v2, which I got as a replacement for a v1 from Netgear. It was by the grace of the Internet gods that I was able to get it back. I don't even remember what I did. So I would like to run DD-WRT as I have on other units for years, but am too gun-shy.

Hope this helps?
florida-dream
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 18:04    Post subject: Netgear R6300v2 Reply with quote
Hello, I am using a Netgear R6300v2, installed dd-wrt and it appears that 5G is very slow. I installed the recommended version and kongs newest but I get max 270Mbps. even 2G shows 450Mbps. Using stock I get speeds above 800Mbps.

I read around here and can't find a real answer if 5G AC actually works?

Does anyone know or could point me in a direction on what might be wrong?
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 18:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
What channel and Channel width have you set?
florida-dream
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 18:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Per Yngve Berg wrote:
What channel and Channel width have you set?

Tried all setting. Best result with 270Mbps is:
set to ch. 153 running now 153 + 151
Wide HT40 (20 is way slower)

tried 136 and others but max was between 130Mbps and 170Mbps

Sitting 10 feet away and currently get 275Mbps
Connecting to my second router with stock I get 785Mbps.
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 18:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
The width should be VHT80
florida-dream
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 18:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Per Yngve Berg wrote:
The width should be VHT80

Great, Thanks. Speed went up to 585Mbps using AC card. Bad is now my Fire Sticks won't see the network.
Wanted / need to set it up as PTPP VPN router.
VPN connection is darn slow but I think it comes with the territory Smile

update: had to use different channel. Fire Stick works now as well.
cweemin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 20:51    Post subject: Re: can't locate rootfs Reply with quote
FarmerBob wrote:
cweemin wrote:

WM

I'm not sure if this is your problem, but I read somewhere a while ago that if you update the Netgear Stock Firmware with the latest version (1.0.4.2_10.0.74) that accommodates the new FCC 5G regs, that you will not be able to load any third party FW after doing so. Ever. Which to me totally contradicts their recent 3rd Party FW push. I haven't updated just because of that. But haven't run any DD-WRT either since the last time it "half bricked" my 6300v2, which I got as a replacement for a v1 from Netgear. It was by the grace of the Internet gods that I was able to get it back. I don't even remember what I did. So I would like to run DD-WRT as I have on other units for years, but am too gun-shy.

Hope this helps?

Yes my router is running 1.0.4.2_10.0.74 before I attempt to load DD-wrt. Now I'm wondering if it's true.. do you know where you read it at? somebody confirm this?
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 21:25    Post subject: Re: can't locate rootfs Reply with quote
cweemin wrote:
FarmerBob wrote:
cweemin wrote:

WM

Hope this helps?

Yes my router is running 1.0.4.2_10.0.74 before I attempt to load DD-wrt. Now I'm wondering if it's true.. do you know where you read it at? somebody confirm this?

I just flashed a R7000 from:

R7000-V1.0.4.30_1.1.67.chk

to dd-wrt without any issue.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 15:05    Post subject: Re: can't locate rootfs Reply with quote
It's confirm, the bootloop issue is due to bad block in flash. I swap out to a new 6300v2 and loaded dd-wrt (from 1.0.4.2_10.0.74) without an issue. Looks like the old router had a bad block where rootfs was residing, not sure why CFE did not relocate to a new location instead.

<Kong> wrote:
cweemin wrote:
FarmerBob wrote:
cweemin wrote:

WM

Hope this helps?

I just flashed a R7000 from:

R7000-V1.0.4.30_1.1.67.chk

to dd-wrt without any issue.
indigo12
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 9:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi i'm new to ddwrt and has succesfully flashed my r6300V1 with the initial firmware some post's hihger.

I want to use optware with the latest possible firmware but i'm not shure wich firmware works and don't want to brick my device. So please help me to choose the rigt firmware.
thekiosk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:02    Post subject: Re: can't locate rootfs Reply with quote
cweemin wrote:
FarmerBob wrote:
cweemin wrote:

WM

Hope this helps?

Hi Dude,
Here is my story, it may help answer your question.
1. I've got R6300v2CH from Amazon and initiate to DD-WRT by http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt-ren/K3-AC-Arm/Initial/dd-wrt.K3_R6300V2CH.chk >>>> No problem, it look good.
2. I've moved from DD-WRT initiate version back to stock ROM version R6300v2-V1.0.4.2_10.0.74 >>>> No problem, it look good.
3. I've tried to move from stock ROM version R6300v2-V1.0.4.2_10.0.74 to DD-WRT by using http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt-ren/K3-AC-Arm/Initial/dd-wrt.K3_R6300V2CH.chk >>>> No problem, it look good.
4. At this point, you can upgrade your DD-WRT to any version!!!

What I try to tell you is "IF your router is Charter ISP version, you have to follow http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt-ren/K3-AC-Arm/Initial/dd-wrt.K3_R6300V2CH.chk to initiate DD-WRT"

^__^
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 52, 53, 54  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 45 of 54
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: