Linksys EA6900 Install Guide

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
egc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks, I will have a look into it
Sponsor
gee11
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 17:57    Post subject: Simplest steps to a (running/working DD-WRT) RESET ? Reply with quote
Hello,

I followed Cybrnook's instruction page over at http://www.linksysinfo.org/index.php?threads/asuswrt-merlin-xvortex-on-linksys-ea6900-supports-tomato-dd-wrt.71718/

I have been (and am currently)running just fine. I'm using DD-WRT v3.0 r29134. I think I have simply forgotten the Username & password I set. I've tried & retried every combo I could think of and can't seem to get in to enter some settings I want to change (need to add some port forwarding).

I just want to do a "simple" reset back to the default DD-WRT password (root, admin). I don't mind losing my other settings (if I must), I just need to get in there but I did not want to inadvertently "topple the cart" and have to revisit all the steps with Merlin and the CFE, and so forth, etc.

What's the simplest way to reset my DD-WRT password/user settings in my "hacked" EA6900 without accidentally blowing things up ? (Cybrnook sez after the CFE "hack" a 30-30-30 reset is no longer advisable) I just need the IDIOT'S GUIDE TO DOING A RESET Smile

Thanks Very Happy
egc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:41    Post subject: Re: Simplest steps to a (running/working DD-WRT) RESET ? Reply with quote
Reset to factory defaults, the CFE will be preserved
1. Power off
2. Hold the blue WPS button (this is the litte button at the back, which protrudes )
3. Power on and wait until the Linksys light blinks, this can take up until 30 sec and then release the WPS button.

After that you can find the router at 192.168.1.1

gee11 wrote:
Hello,

I followed Cybrnook's instruction page over at http://www.linksysinfo.org/index.php?threads/asuswrt-merlin-xvortex-on-linksys-ea6900-supports-tomato-dd-wrt.71718/

I have been (and am currently)running just fine. I'm using DD-WRT v3.0 r29134. I think I have simply forgotten the Username & password I set. I've tried & retried every combo I could think of and can't seem to get in to enter some settings I want to change (need to add some port forwarding).

I just want to do a "simple" reset back to the default DD-WRT password (root, admin). I don't mind losing my other settings (if I must), I just need to get in there but I did not want to inadvertently "topple the cart" and have to revisit all the steps with Merlin and the CFE, and so forth, etc.

What's the simplest way to reset my DD-WRT password/user settings in my "hacked" EA6900 without accidentally blowing things up ? (Cybrnook sez after the CFE "hack" a 30-30-30 reset is no longer advisable) I just need the IDIOT'S GUIDE TO DOING A RESET Smile

Thanks Very Happy
tjdoren
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 22:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm trying to install the Kong build.

I tried to telnet into my EA6900 v1.1 using Putty, and do this: wget http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-Arm/dd-wrt.v24-K3_AC_ARM_STD.bin

Then I get this message:
Connecting to www.desipro.de (217.160.231.132:80)
wget: can't connect to remote host (217.160.231.132): Network is unreachable

I can see that file from a browser, so I assume the desipro site is available. Is this a local firewall issue on my side or something?

Also, do I really need to flash it using this method, or can I just install if from the dd-wrt gui in the Administration/Firmware Upgrade screen? Any advantage of one method over the other?
egc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 18:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
You can flash from the gui, only if you are on the XVortex CFE you have to flash via the console.
Reset first to factory default, and do this again after flashing

your wget command seems OK so I do not know what causes this hiccup. The latest Kong build is stable at least on my setup (I am on the XVortex CFE)

tjdoren wrote:
I'm trying to install the Kong build.

I tried to telnet into my EA6900 v1.1 using Putty, and do this: wget http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-Arm/dd-wrt.v24-K3_AC_ARM_STD.bin

Then I get this message:
Connecting to www.desipro.de (217.160.231.132:80)
wget: can't connect to remote host (217.160.231.132): Network is unreachable

I can see that file from a browser, so I assume the desipro site is available. Is this a local firewall issue on my side or something?

Also, do I really need to flash it using this method, or can I just install if from the dd-wrt gui in the Administration/Firmware Upgrade screen? Any advantage of one method over the other?
MRxROBOT
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 12:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have an EA6900 on XVortex custom CFE.

I have been able to successfully get USB 2 & 3 ports working on AsusWRT and TomatoUSB by Shibby, but no success with DD-WRT. Has anybody successfully been able to get the USB 3 ports to work with DD-WRT? I really do prefer it to everything else that is out there.
cybrnook
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 17:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
disregard

Last edited by cybrnook on Tue May 03, 2016 16:12; edited 1 time in total
MRxROBOT
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 10:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
cybrnook wrote:
For others that may have the same question:

nvram set usb_usb3=1

That code is used to disable the 'reduce USB interference' option in AsusWRT. Unless I missing something, It did nothing for me in DD-WRT.
cybrnook
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 16:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
You're right, I had misread.

Try this:

nvram set gpio10=usbport2

and then reboot
MRxROBOT
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 16:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
cybrnook wrote:
You're right, I had misread.

Try this:

nvram set gpio10=usbport2

and then reboot

I ran "nvram get gpio10" and it returned "usbport2". I went ahead and ran "nvram set gpio10=usbport2" anyways as expected it changed nothing after committing to nvram and resetting.

I do appreciate the help, seems like it's a lost cause unless I want to run TomatoUSB. Bummer as I really prefer DD-WRT.
MRxROBOT
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 9:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
So I take it no one has been able to get the USB 3.0 port to work under DD-WRT? Yes I know both USB ports work under AsusWRT and TomatoUSB. I just prefer DD-WRT, It is superior in every way other than having both ports work.
ghostivv
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
@egc: registered to say big thank you for detailed instructions. Up and running latest kong build v3.0 r30020m and so far looks to be very stable after a day's use.

I've not yet changed to vortex cfg but if I decide now, do I need to start all again with base ddwrt fw?
ghostivv
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 23:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
I tried to upload Xvortex cfe but mtd unlock is throwing error like unable to unlock etc. "ls" command is not showing any directory. Then I flashed intial ddwrt fw but still showing vs 3.0 Sad both with telnet and gui.

1) Do I need to flash stock fw and start again?
2) Why "ls" is not listing contents of directory?
3) Any workaround for unlock mtd0 error?

Thanks in advance.
egc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
ghostivv wrote:
I tried to upload Xvortex cfe but mtd unlock is throwing error like unable to unlock etc. "ls" command is not showing any directory. Then I flashed intial ddwrt fw but still showing vs 3.0 Sad both with telnet and gui.

1) Do I need to flash stock fw and start again?
2) Why "ls" is not listing contents of directory?
3) Any workaround for unlock mtd0 error?

Thanks in advance.

You have to flash Xvortex CFE with the initial DDWRT build not with the latest builds. In the Xvortex guide a download link is provided for this initial build!
Clear NVRAM before and afterwards follow instructions per Xvortex guide carefully and the additional intructions regarding MAC address in my install guide otherwise you could brick your router!
Good luck
ghostivv
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 22:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Already bricked Sad .
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 13
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: