Remove DD-WRT from WRT54GL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
krios
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 6:29    Post subject: Remove DD-WRT from WRT54GL Reply with quote
I bought a Linksys WRT54GL secondhand. It has both a DD-WRT v24 SP2 partition and an OEM Linksys firmware v4.30.12. There are two SSIDs, one for each partition. The default user/pass combo for DD-WRT doesn't work, although it does for Linksys. I tried installing the OEM firmware again through the Linksys GUI, no go. Tried the 30-30-30 reset, no go. Is it possible to remove DD-WRT without being able to log in to the partition?
Sponsor
MicroMonkey
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 3:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
The firmware that works for that router is version 14929. I didnt know you could partition that router. Thats weird. You wont want the OEM, its terrible. I ran this version for years. You want the std generic ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2010/08-12-10-r14929/broadcom/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: