Linksys Cisco ea6700

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 19:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you have done an erase nvram or 30/30/30 chances are stick firmware won't work.
In that case your only option is dd-wrt.
If you saved your nvram variables you can enter them through serial and then use stock firmware.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 14:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just bought a EA6700 not bothered about this 32k bug but would like to fix if possible... I read that the EA6900 CFE works with the EA6700 (but the 1.1 also has the 32k bug) there is a i'm guessing converted ASUS CFE for the EA6900 and was wondering if that would also work on the EA6700? Thanks.

http://www.linksysinfo.org/index.php?threads/asuswrt-merlin-tomato-shibby-or-toastman-dd-wrt-on-linksys-ea6900.71718/
fma965
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 19:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just like to Add to this saying i was feeling curious so i flashed the Xvortex CFE and Xvortex's Merlin firmware and after some iinital hickups which i fixed with serial connection i am now running Asuswrt Merlin with the fixed CFE which is showing as a EA6900... the only bug i have found is the ports are reversed so wan and port 1 are the other way around.
yutoon
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 13:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
fma965 wrote:
Just like to Add to this saying i was feeling curious so i flashed the Xvortex CFE and Xvortex's Merlin firmware and after some iinital hickups which i fixed with serial connection i am now running Asuswrt Merlin with the fixed CFE which is showing as a EA6900... the only bug i have found is the ports are reversed so wan and port 1 are the other way around.

Been quite satisfied myself with this piece of hardware after doing the Xvortex EA6900 CFE flash. Can you confirm not reaching the upper speed range on the AC side? (Still haven't tested that yet.)

As there was no advantage to going all the way (Merlin) and I didn't want to lose the auto backup feature (even though it will probably never be needed), I stayed w/ DD-WRT.

Still hoping a dev will take a look at what Xvortex did to fix the 6900 CFE and apply it to the EA6700's. I'm thinking anyone w/ a build environment should be able to diff the OEM and XV sources, apply the same patches to ours and compile -- should be easy since XV has already figured out what to do.

Applying the hard-coded 64k patch, as others have done, is maybe against the DD-WRT team's philosophy. Or perhaps no time. But whichever, it would be nice to have a good, permanent fix instead of a workaround.
John-Galt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 15:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
jago75 wrote:
hi guys. i found a ea6700 with ddwrt already installed and i'd like to revert back to stock, can i do it trought webgui or tftp is a better idea? i actually wants to revert because i see that it runs very hot with dd-wrt (80 to 88 degress) anybody is experiencing the same issue?
I took out the wide silver plastic strip on the top of the router (had to open it up to take that out), and then glued an 80mm fan to the top of the case. I also put small heatsinks on the wifi chips.

Now my temps are under control.

CPU Temperature: CPU 40.2 °C / WL0 32.52 °C / WL1 38.50 °C
John-Galt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 15:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
yutoon wrote:
Applying the hard-coded 64k patch, as others have done, is maybe against the DD-WRT team's philosophy. Or perhaps no time. But whichever, it would be nice to have a good, permanent fix instead of a workaround.
For now, I've followed the instructions in this link, http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=283136&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=ea6500v2&start=0, and the router is rock solid on r28598, it would be better if there was a real fix.
1up
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 23:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello,
Bought ea6700 couple weeks ago, was quite happy with it (beside the fact of outrageous temparatures it's outputting)- decided to flash advtomato today. I've previously owned a wndr3700v2@gargoyle, had fun with it, managed to get to know basics with command line etc, but this was >2 years ago - consider me as a total newb. Let me describe step by step what have i done to ea6700:

-factory reset
-flashed stock, latest
-flashed advanced tomato 3.2-137 aio
-configured it
-rebooted cable modem and router to get a handshake
-2.4 ghz went missing
-factory reset from gui
-router unresponsive, solid light, no ping
-rebooted couple times
-held physical reset switch for about 10 sec (i was very desperate at this point)
-still unresponsive (nvram crossed?)
-felt the need to dig into serial recovering and going through the forums, took me 2 hours, im still terified of doing it (i'd like to avoid if possible)
-did not do anything, router came back to stock
-flashed stock
-reboot
-flashed stock
-factory reset
-flashed stock
-reboot
And so on, couple times, just to make sure it works.

At this point, router works fine, lan and wan are working nicely. The only thing that bothers me, and the main point of this post is, that after this hassle it started making buzzing/ticking noises when operating. Either I did not notice it before or it has something to do with the tortures i put it through.

Is there a way to get rid of the noise? Is my router going to work or do i have to perform this mysterious act of serial recovering? (or do i flash ddwrt and run the script to cleanup the nvram?)
I'm pretty sure that my warranty is void at this point.
Please advise.
I would also appreciate if You could pinpoint the activity i've done which caused the trouble in the first place.
Twingo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
That's normal for EA6700, it's the coil whine of the unit, I experienced same before with my EA6700, it's pretty easy to notice when it's quiet but it's been working okay for over two years so don't think it's caused by software, my unit was running DD-WRT since first day I got the unit, so definitely not hardware malfunction causing the noise.
justmoi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 18:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
For those interested, xvortex's CFE works fine with EA6700 (values imported from EA6700 original CFE) and kongac's build. If you've got errors with mtd write as I did, just ignore them, it worked anyway Shocked
cybrnook
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 18:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
justmoi wrote:
For those interested, xvortex's CFE works fine with EA6700 (values imported from EA6700 original CFE) and kongac's build. If you've got errors with mtd write as I did, just ignore them, it worked anyway Shocked

Haven't users been losing a USB port when flashing the ea6900 CFE to the ea6700?
hokuto
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 13:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just updated with my ea6700 with dad-wrt (brainslayer 30709) and consistently hit 32k bug. It keep deleting dhcp settings which is very troublesome. What would be the best fix other than nvram unset?

Btw, I find that this works better for me (I use afraid.org which inserts a variable with = at the end)

nvram show | grep =$ | grep -v ddns | sed -e "s/=.*//" | xargs -n 1 nvram unset
justmoi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 17:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
cybrnook wrote:

Haven't users been losing a USB port when flashing the ea6900 CFE to the ea6700?

Yes with dd-wrt, no with xvortex's patch of rmerlin's patch of asuswrt Twisted Evil
2KloN
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
please write what to do if my EA6700 can not boot with other firmware and returns standard, for TFTP access denied

one of two places where he holds the firmware probably spoiled as it is now flash on dd-wrt?
hokuto
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
2KloN wrote:
please write what to do if my EA6700 can not boot with other firmware and returns standard, for TFTP access denied

I was able to boot to AdvancedTomato following this guide (including various replies in the comment section)

https://adriel.co.nz/blog/2015/10/06/advancedtomato-on-the-linksys-ea6700/

It's like a trial-and-error thing though. In the flash from stock to Tomato, it will take a long time to complete. After 15 ~ 20 minutes it will resume.

Be aware of the 32k bug and be prepared to delete unnecessary NVRAM settings via SSH.
[/url]
2KloN
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
hokuto wrote:
2KloN wrote:

I was able to boot to AdvancedTomato following this guide (including various replies in the comment section)

https://adriel.co.nz/blog/2015/10/06/advancedtomato-on-the-linksys-ea6700/

It's like a trial-and-error thing though. In the flash from stock to Tomato, it will take a long time to complete. After 15 ~ 20 minutes it will resume.

Be aware of the 32k bug and be prepared to delete unnecessary NVRAM settings via SSH.
[/url]

well there in the instructions written on the 30-30-30 hard reset, it can be done at EA6700? or I get a brick?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 19, 20, 21  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 16 of 21
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: