Netgear Wndr4500... Issues with guest wifi.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
matty8199
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
mrjcd wrote:
matty8199 wrote:
MoreBloodWine wrote:
matty8199 wrote:
for the record, this is not exclusive to the Wndr4500 - having the same issues on a buffalo WZR-1750DHPD almost to the letter. even with the isolation not even attempted, guest network is DOA (android clients get stuck on obtaining IP address but never connect)...

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=303787

incredibly frustrating because it worked perfectly until a few weeks ago, when i flashed a new version due to other issues i started having with the stock buffalo dd-wrt firmware. the router right now is rock solid on build 28444 other than this problem, and i'm afraid to switch versions because of that...ugh.
Well the 8/16/16 build got me rock solid for right now. I don't ever plan on switching again lol

i guess i'll have to give it a shot. my problem is that every time i upgrade or change something, it takes me forever to get everything working again...this is a case in point.

Lastest few new builds (broadcom) are not working correctly for many routers if you use the old br1 method.... seems to not be getting DNS so guests can't go anywheres. ..even if Target DNS is used in Networking br1 setup.
Sometimes works if put gateway's IP in local DNS and/or put its IP in 1st DNS on setup page.

I've had no recent problems using unbridged method in wireless settings and assigning multiple DHCP server to wl0.1

This is on E2500 as gateway router.

The br1 method for guests still works fine on E2500 as WAP WAN disabled

yeah, but i'm using an older build on my buffalo (28444, 12/5/15) and br1 is still not working.
Sponsor
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: