R7000 wireless stays connected, but no internet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
nito_2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:10    Post subject: R7000 wireless stays connected, but no internet Reply with quote
I have a Netgear R7000 with the latest DD-WRT (9/9/2016) firmware. I use these as an AP. I have two wireless networks ("Network 1" and a Guest-network).

"Network 1" gets dhcp from a server (internal network), the bridged guestnetwork gets dhcp from dd-wrt. These two networks are both 2.4 and 5 ghz networks with WPA2 Personal and AES security.The SSID's are the same for the 2.4 and 5 ghz networks.

90% of the devices can connect to my network, it works perfectly.
For the other 10 %, their internetconnection drops randomly (they stay connected to the network, have an ip-adress and DNS but have no internet, they can't ping to google). Sometimes the internet works for hours and then drops, sometimes the internetconnection drops 4 times in 30 minutes.
Most of these devices are Macbooks, but there are some Win10, Win8 who have the same problem.
But there are some Macbooks who doesn't have any problems at all (Ihpones, IPad's work perfect to)

Some devices (Macbook, Win 8, Win 10) can't connect to the Guestnetwork at all (but can connect to "Network 1" and have internet). They are connected, get an ip-address but no internet ('limited access'). There are no received or transmitted errors.

I used a previous firmware-version, so I updated to the latest version from 9/9/2016. The problem stays. In this topic there are some persons who have the same problem: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=264152&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=75

Does anyone know a solution for this problem? Is it recommended that I flash the router to the initial firmware of dd-wrt from 2014?
Sponsor
egc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 13:19    Post subject: Re: R7000 wireless stays connected, but no internet Reply with quote
Which build do you use?
(There are two, buidls from Kong and from Brainslayer)
Did you erase nvram before and after update

If all this is not familiar then read the sticky threads at the beginning of the forum especially the peacock thread

nito_2 wrote:
I have a Netgear R7000 with the latest DD-WRT (9/9/2016) firmware. I use these as an AP. I have two wireless networks ("Network 1" and a Guest-network).

"Network 1" gets dhcp from a server (internal network), the bridged guestnetwork gets dhcp from dd-wrt. These two networks are both 2.4 and 5 ghz networks with WPA2 Personal and AES security.The SSID's are the same for the 2.4 and 5 ghz networks.

90% of the devices can connect to my network, it works perfectly.
For the other 10 %, their internetconnection drops randomly (they stay connected to the network, have an ip-adress and DNS but have no internet, they can't ping to google). Sometimes the internet works for hours and then drops, sometimes the internetconnection drops 4 times in 30 minutes.
Most of these devices are Macbooks, but there are some Win10, Win8 who have the same problem.
But there are some Macbooks who doesn't have any problems at all (Ihpones, IPad's work perfect to)

Some devices (Macbook, Win 8, Win 10) can't connect to the Guestnetwork at all (but can connect to "Network 1" and have internet). They are connected, get an ip-address but no internet ('limited access'). There are no received or transmitted errors.

I used a previous firmware-version, so I updated to the latest version from 9/9/2016. The problem stays. In this topic there are some persons who have the same problem: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=264152&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=75

Does anyone know a solution for this problem? Is it recommended that I flash the router to the initial firmware of dd-wrt from 2014?

Forum Guide Lines (important read):https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=324087
nito_2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 16:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you for your reply.

I use the Kong build.

No, I haven't erase the nvram before and after the update. I just went back to factory settings.

I will try this tomorrow.

Should I use another build? Is there one build you recommend (the initial build?)
Xeon2k8
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 16:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
nito_2 wrote:

I use the Kong build.

No, I haven't erase the nvram before and after the update. I just went back to factory settings.

Should I use another build? Is there one build you recommend (the initial build?)

29300, 30465
nito_2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 21:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Xeon2k8 wrote:
nito_2 wrote:

I use the Kong build.

29300, 30465

Where can i find build 30465? I've found build 29300, but I can't find 30465 anywhere.
Xeon2k8
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 21:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
nito_2 wrote:
Xeon2k8 wrote:
nito_2 wrote:

I use the Kong build.

29300, 30465

Where can i find build 30465? I've found build 29300, but I can't find 30465 anywhere.

A forum user mirror: http://ddwrt-kong.clonevince.fr
nito_2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
I installed build 30465 (with hard reset,...) and set the 5 ghz wireless to 40 mhz instead of 80mhz.

The Imac that hadn't any internet could now make connection to the internet.

For a day or two everything was fine, then the connection dropped and the connection was limited.

I set the 5 ghz wireless to 20 mhz and set the channel to 40. Still no result.

The 2.4 ghz and 5ghz have the same SSID-name. Could this give any problems?

Does somebody have any other suggestions?
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 13:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
You said it's configured as an AP, that is connected LAN-LAN to the main router. If you can connect to the wifi, but get no Internet, the fault is at the main router.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: