Help, Netgear R6250 debricking; terminal message

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
drgn997
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:32    Post subject: Help, Netgear R6250 debricking; terminal message Reply with quote
Hi,
I've purchased a used Netgear R6250 router with a USB3.0 port, at the moment I thought that the only problem was a missing power supply, but with an original power supply it powers on but it does not work, the White LED's fully lit up and the other LED's barely do (Power, Internet, WiFi and USB).
I've been reading and decided to connect to the serial interface (J252) to check the terminal at boot and if possible perform a "nvram erase" command, followed by a firmware upload... the strange thing is that it always outputs this:

Digital core power voltage set to 0.9375V

It stays at this point forever, over and over, I've tried to reset the router and it does not change the output.
Based on the scarce information, will it be possible to tell if it's fried or maybe if it's a corrupted firmware?
I've seen a picture of this router (PCB) where it has a 2MB Flash chip at U153 (picture # 3), but this one does not have one, supposing the hardware is fine, would it be possible to flash a SPI chip with the appropriate firmware, to recover it by soldering it at U153?

Thanks in advance,
Alex

3-Back.jpg
 Description:
PCB Back
 Filesize:  183.93 KB
 Viewed:  2064 Time(s)

3-Back.jpg

2-Front(close-up).jpg
 Description:
PCB Front (close-up):
Serial Interface @ J252
128 MB NAND Flash @ U150
2MB MB Flash @ U153 (unpopulated)
 Filesize:  160.34 KB
 Viewed:  2064 Time(s)

2-Front(close-up).jpg

1-Front.jpg
 Description:
PCB Front
 Filesize:  176.76 KB
 Viewed:  2065 Time(s)

1-Front.jpg

Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: