MiniDLNA setup help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
leadboots5
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 17:24    Post subject: MiniDLNA setup help Reply with quote
I'm trying to setup MiniDLNA and I'm not sure what I'm missing to get it working. I'm technically proficient, but a linux newbie so I could be missing something simple... Doing my best to follow kong's guide(http://tips.desipro.de/2011/08/25/komg-mod-dlna-media-server-setup/), but its a bit out of date so I could be missing something.

My router shows up on my PS4, but when i try to open it, it errors out for not having access. The only thing I can see that seems off is I don't see any files for the DB on sda2 which I assume are needed...

Settings:
ASUS RT68U
DD-WRT v3.0-r30880M kongac (11/14/16)

https://uwmadison.app.box.com/representation/file_version_118115373026/image_2048/1.png?shared_name=s45dv3vg0ctpdo7xoitgqn7xgi0kk04h

https://uwmadison.app.box.com/representation/file_version_118115386990/image_2048/1.png?shared_name=zyrrcazqxyn7o0mgh2rbejo4oppos1a3

Thoughts?

leadboots5
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 23:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have a TV that can do DLNA and actually this functions there. So it's just the PS4 that is giving the error:
"Cannot access this media server. It is not allowing access form this PS4. Check the settings of the media server"

So the share shows up, but when i try to access it errors out on the PS4. Anyone have a guess as to why?

Additionally, Can anyone tell me where the DB is/how I can make it be on the hard drive?

DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you have an external hd set up as a jffs partiton set up the database will be stored there. Also, if you put a minidlna configuration file at /jffs/etc/minidlna.conf it will use that file instead of the self generated one in tmp. That will give you control of the configuration in more detail than the web gui. If you need more information on the minidlna.conf you can google it and find lots of examples.

I see you have a UID entered for the jffs partiton but I didn't see it mounted in your screen shot. If I'm reading it right your /mnt/sda2 should be /jffs. That's the way it works on my setup. I also have named the volume as jffs which is supposed to automatically mount as /jffs. I also use the UUID just to be sure.

I can't speak to the PS4 problem, I'm still using a PS3 which has no problems streaming DLNA from the router.

The only problem I have with DD-WRT miniDLNA is I can't figure out where the log is, if there is one. A long time in the past it worked and I was able to get the log where I wanted it. Not happening now even though I have an entry in the minidlan.conf for it.

Finally, even though it shouldn't make a difference, I'm doing all of this on the Netgear R6300v2.

jffs.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  47.81 KB
 Viewed:  11088 Time(s)

jffs.jpg

diskinfo.jpg
 Description:
DD-WRT USB Tab Disk Info
 Filesize:  29.39 KB
 Viewed:  11089 Time(s)

diskinfo.jpg

leadboots5
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
thanks jimfree! it does look like just putting in the UUID wasn't getting it mounted, but naming the volume jffs did the trick and now the db file is there. I may need to some logging/debugging to see if I can come up with anything on the PS4. I'll let you know if I figure out anything with logging.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: