DLNA Server - What do the options mean

marsui
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 14:12    Post subject: DLNA Server - What do the options mean Reply with quote
IN Services, NAS, DLNA Server, MINIDLNA what do the following options mean:

"Merge Media Dirs"
"Clean Database Now"

Secondly how do you accomplish the following as listed in the warning message on the NAS tab:

"Minidlna Warning: Unless you mount a partition to /jffs the index db will be stored in ram. This can fill up your ram and will cause a reindex at every boot."

How do I mount a partition to /jffs?

I currently have the DLNA server working, I'm just trying to understand all of these options better.

I currently have the following path set up:

Path: /mnt/sda1
Subdir: Media
(only video is checked)

The big difference between this and my stock firmware is the stock firmware DLNA server it would remember where I left off in a video and allow me to resume. Now everytime I play a video file it acts as if its the first time I've played the video file and will only allow me to start from the beginning of the movie.

That's kind of why I want to understand the options more, maybe I can just configure it to remember where I last left off.
Sponsor
egc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:03    Post subject: Re: DLNA Server - What do the options mean Reply with quote
marsui wrote:
IN Services, NAS, DLNA Server, MINIDLNA what do the following options mean:

"Merge Media Dirs"
"Clean Database Now"

Secondly how do you accomplish the following as listed in the warning message on the NAS tab:

"Minidlna Warning: Unless you mount a partition to /jffs the index db will be stored in ram. This can fill up your ram and will cause a reindex at every boot."

How do I mount a partition to /jffs?

I currently have the DLNA server working, I'm just trying to understand all of these options better.

I currently have the following path set up:

Path: /mnt/sda1
Subdir: Media
(only video is checked)

The big difference between this and my stock firmware is the stock firmware DLNA server it would remember where I left off in a video and allow me to resume. Now everytime I play a video file it acts as if its the first time I've played the video file and will only allow me to start from the beginning of the movie.

That's kind of why I want to understand the options more, maybe I can just configure it to remember where I last left off.

I included a .doc file for basic setup, yes you must make an extra partition /jffs for storing the DLNA database, otherwise it writes to NVRAM and this gives a lot of wear.

Clean database now means that the database is rebuild, so if you have an index problem you enable it and Apply, then the database with your media files is rebuild and the option switches back to disable.

Merge media dirs means (I think) that if you have more than one media dir it is represented as one.
I do not think it keeps track of where you left of.

DDWRT USB storage support.doc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  DDWRT USB storage support.doc
 Filesize:  373.5 KB
 Downloaded:  1568 Time(s)

Forum Guide Lines (important read):https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=324087
marsui
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 20:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: