TP-link TL-WDR4300 V1 or Asus RT-N56U

sitdown
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:35    Post subject: TP-link TL-WDR4300 V1 or Asus RT-N56U Reply with quote
Hi,

I am thankful for all pointers for the choice of solution, i am not expecting complete answer from one user Smile

I want to know witch of theese routers i should use for a more stable connection and "master" for the repeater for the renters downstairs in my house.
They are complaining about stabillity and speed, and i think DD-wrt would be a solution for this and finding out who might use a lot of the speed. Speedcontrol and logging. I think P2P might be some of the problem, but also the asus router/ISP.

Wikipage for the TP router: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/TP-Link_TL-WDR4300
Maybe this firmware is a good solution as it is well proven for this router?

One user says he is using v3.0-r30731, with success. But i see that others have problems with this one. 5Ghz - unstable connection - some suggest heating problem.
Another user asked this user and says: "I'm still using v27506 and was planning to use a newer version." So i guess that version works.

Reddit experience: https://www.reddit.com/r/DDWRT/comments/4any0p/unable_to_flash_wdr4300/

Or maybe the Asus router is a better choice? I belive that the TP-link is more robust/faster hardware wise than the Asus router, right? And the Asus router seems to be buggy.
I might in the future just drill a hole in the floor, and just use the router as a main "master" for two wireless networks, so maybe the Asus could manage that without beeing unstable.
Sponsor
sitdown
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 17:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anybody that could give me an advice?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: