[MiniDLNA] Possible to activate Media Folder,recently added?

DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 0:40    Post subject: [MiniDLNA] Possible to activate Media Folder,recently added? Reply with quote
Hi there,
i was using Asus/Merlin before DDWRT but missed some oportunities like an ipsec vpn Server....so i go for DDWRT but there is one thin i realy dont like, each media type is just listed in one huge list, on asus router i had the following decisions for each category (movie, Music, Pictures)
- recently added
- folders
- all/everything

Is it possible for MiniDLNA to have such listing Options? Especially the folders option would be very welcome, with this Option you only see the medias of the category in the selected Folder/subfolder (root folder is the given folder in config for the category).

Hope this is possible, cause everything out of one category in one huge list is very suboptimal and confusing.

Thanks for the help
Sponsor
thekk
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:27    Post subject: Re: [MiniDLNA] Possible to activate Media Folder,recently ad Reply with quote
0711 wrote:
Hi there,
i was using Asus/Merlin before DDWRT but missed some oportunities like an ipsec vpn Server....so i go for DDWRT but there is one thin i realy dont like, each media type is just listed in one huge list, on asus router i had the following decisions for each category (movie, Music, Pictures)
- recently added
- folders
- all/everything

Is it possible for MiniDLNA to have such listing Options? Especially the folders option would be very welcome, with this Option you only see the medias of the category in the selected Folder/subfolder (root folder is the given folder in config for the category).

Hope this is possible, cause everything out of one category in one huge list is very suboptimal and confusing.

Thanks for the help

The DLNA service doesn't work properly.
I reported a bug months ago where the folders on an ext hdd doesn't listed complete. The developer doesn't care and don't want to invest time in this feature or rather dont want to investigate this. Same problem with other features or bugs, they just don't care. DLNA service can't deal with HDD spindown, too.
If you want a special function, better do a workaround for yourself with entware and/or scripts or build your own firmware if you find the toolchain for your router...
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Do you have a recommendation for dlna Server?

MediaTomb - There is no development since 2 years?
MiniDLNA/ReadyDLNA - Active Development but if they dont care such things?
xupnpd - no development since 4 years

Or any other ideas?
thekk
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 19:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
No, I cant help you in this point.
After dont get any help to this issue I changed my strategie and use smb shares in my network with rpi zero an libreelec for playing files. For music on mobile devices, I can use dlna on this.

All I can say is, that is not clear what version of minidlna is used in dd-wrt build and that you can install it with entware, too. Maybe this a newer version… But this give you the possibility to build your own .ipk with minidlna or maybe build it with toolchain for your system.
In some chases its not possible to build it on the router itself, see thread in this forum from my side to compile c-programs.

At least, let me say that the only reason why I use dd-wrt instead of openwrt is, that openwrt dont support usb3 and I wasnt able to solve this by myself. In most cases, openwrt is much better.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: