Slow upload speed on client bridge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
ddwrtjim
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 17:01    Post subject: Slow upload speed on client bridge Reply with quote
Hi,

I have a WNDR3400 (DD-WRT v3.0-r30631 mega) connected to a R7000 AP (stock firmware) in client bridge mode talking over 5GHz network (2.4 is disabled). I have a NAS hard wired to the R7000 and having problems with uploading to the NAS from PC hard wired to the bridge. When I am copying something from the NAS to the PC I get about 8-10 MBps speed but copying from PC to NAS is slow around 2-3 MBps. I followed client bridged guide in the wiki to set it up.
In step 26 some folks said using operating mode as Router instead of Gateway. I tried that as well but the result is not much different.
Anything obvious I am missing?

TIA
Sponsor
paravox
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 18:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Could be a bottleneck somewhere on the WNDR relating to CPU speed or file system. What is the nas drive formatted to? From what I've read ddwrt prefers ext2/3/4. Anything else takes a performance hit.
ddwrtjim
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Paravox, the NAS is not connected to the WNDR, it's connected to the primary AP (R7000). Also, its not a USB drive but a standalone NAS server (DLink DNS-325).

As an extra test, I connected my laptop direct to the R7000 router by Ethernet cable and tried to copy a 2GB file to the NAS. Got a speed of around 10-12 MBps, so it rules out any write slowness on the NAS part.
paravox
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 16:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have a similar setup except with a WNR2000 acting as a repeater bridge to an R7000 over 2.4ghz, both running dd-wrt. When I'm copying files directly to/from the R7000 over 5ghz, I get 10-13 MBps. When I'm connected to the repeater bridge (wirelessly), it crawls at 1 MBps up and down. I have not tested things hardwired but I feel the primary limiting factor is the older (300mhz) cpu of the WNR2000, while the secondary factor is the heavy 2.4ghz interference in my area.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: