Weird Problems with Archer C8v1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
KillerDirt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 0:48    Post subject: Weird Problems with Archer C8v1 Reply with quote
First off the version of DD-WRT on the router is 31825 (4/4/17) on a TP-Link Archer C8rev1

Ok, so the behavior of this router is being really weird, I googled all of the symptoms and ran through the "Is your router bricked?" guide and I still have no idea what is going on.

First off, on boot all the lights turn on, and it just hangs there. All my attempts to ping it, have ended in "Destination host unreachable". I have tried changing my static IP and subnet when pinging it, and I have power-cycled the router many times, still the same. As expected, I cannot reach the web GUI

But here is where it gets somewhat weird. If I let the router cold boot, it turns all the lights on, as normal, but then it turns them all off. At which point it all the Ethernet ports function, and I can use it as a wired router/switch. Connecting an ethernet cable from the modem to the WAN port, and another from the LAN to my computer, I can still access the internet. However, I cannot access the web GUI, and I still cannot ping it (Destination host unreachable).

I have tried a 30/30/30 and nothing was achieved.

This has stuped me, because would a bricked router mean that the ethernet ports are also non functioning? My hypothesis is that maybe the computer is just set up weird, so I tried with a different laptop and achieved the same results. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Any further troubleshooting tips?

Thanks.
Sponsor
Xeon2k8
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 7:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
Throw it away, in the long rung it will be the best for you. Mine just bricked by updating from stock fw to newer tplink firmware. TP-link is mostly crap except old ones, C7 and lower.
R6250 - BS 29193 running since 03/20/16 - (AP - NAS - FTP - SMB - DNSMasq - AdBlocking)
hfie
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 9:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have this router running r31899. On releases over a year ago, I had an issue where the web interface would die. To correct this, I connected to the router via telnet and restarted the web interface from the command line.

The steps were something like:

telnet 192.168.1.1 - user id= root pwd= your password
stopservice httpd
startservice httpd
reboot

If you really can't get a response from the router then the above steps won't help sadly.

As long as it is left alone, it is pretty stable on later releases. Eg: Changing wifi settings kills wan connection.

I have it running openVPN server and guest wifi without issue. It's quite powerful for the size.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: