EdgeRouter Lite network is unreachable

toly084
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:49    Post subject: EdgeRouter Lite network is unreachable Reply with quote
Hi all. I need help. I have ERL with DD-WRT on it. I wanted to try EdgeOS and installed it. The error "counterfeit" did not allow to work at all. Was searching all of the internet and no clear answer what is this and how to solve. So, as I before I made an image from the flash with DD-WRT I restored it on the flash. Was all good. But after I installed OpenWRT just to try, and wanted to return DD-WRT I have now an error in console always searching
root@DD-WRT:~# connect: Network is unreachable
connect: Network is unreachable
gethostbyname: Network is unreachable

Please help.
Sponsor
Fractal
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 6:45    Post subject: Re: EdgeRouter Lite network is unreachable Reply with quote
toly084 wrote:
Hi all. I need help. I have ERL with DD-WRT on it. I wanted to try EdgeOS and installed it. The error "counterfeit" did not allow to work at all. Was searching all of the internet and no clear answer what is this and how to solve. So, as I before I made an image from the flash with DD-WRT I restored it on the flash. Was all good. But after I installed OpenWRT just to try, and wanted to return DD-WRT I have now an error in console always searching
root@DD-WRT:~# connect: Network is unreachable
gethostbyname: Network is unreachable

Please help.

I personally use my own USB drive for testing on the ER-LITE.. You can remove the USB and use the sandisk 8gb usb/2 micro drives and write working firmware to them. I have 1 drive that has edgeOS from ubiquiti and the other drive has dd-wrt. Also its easy to fix if for some reason the firmware bricks the device and you need to revert.

I simply use win32image and write the firmware I want the router to run to the USB drive, put it back in the router and right back in business.

-Fractal
toly084
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 9:51    Post subject: Re: EdgeRouter Lite network is unreachable Reply with quote
Thanks for answer. I already installed OpenWrt and made setup for PPPoE connection.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ubiquiti Devices All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: