DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
My legs hurt...
Sponsor
rel`s
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 15:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello,

I know it's a very old post but I would know if 2 years later it stills to be not possible ?

I've a BEFW11S4 V3

Thanks
roirraW "edor"
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
rel`s wrote:
Hello,

I know it's a very old post but I would know if 2 years later it stills to be not possible ?

I've a BEFW11S4 V3

Thanks

My neighbor is wondering if I can do the same with his v3. They probably need pictures of the chips inside, just like people uploading photos of the insides of their v4's and v2's.

Someone even posted a link (if it's still working) of how to disassemble this router. I'll do this when/if I have time, but I can't tonight.
MechanicalApe
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 23:25    Post subject: other uses? Reply with quote
I have a BEFW11S4 v4 too. Redhawk's words seem pretty final to me, but what can we do with our crappy outdated routers besides use them as bricks, can we use them as repeaters, or salvage anything from them?
mpheyse
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 20:37    Post subject: Re: other uses? Reply with quote
The Chip with the sticker is Macronix International flash chip MX29LV800BTC-90 which is
Quote:
8M-BIT [1Mx8/512K x16] CMOS SINGLE VOLTAGE 3V ONLY FLASH MEMORY

8M-Bit = 1MB [8 bits to a byte] and DD-wrt needs 2MB.

So it's not supported. would ike them to update the router DB with actual stats instead of "unknown".

MechanicalApe wrote:
what can we do with our crappy outdated routers besides use them as bricks, can we use them as repeaters, or salvage anything from them?

Your BEFW11S4 V4, still has uses. It still can be used as a B wireless router, as it was originally intended. Might I suggest as a unsecured guest-only network. This gives any device connectivity, but doesn't give out any of your wifi passwords, or direct access to you secure network.

AcessPoint- It will work just fine as an AP. Just don't use the WAN port and Assign it an IP on you network so you can talk to it, and turn off the DHCP server.

DHCP Server- It will handout address as a dhcp server. I find this is useful on tiny temporary networks (as in just two devices) that I put together for testing and debugging. having a small DHCP-Server in a box makes setting up those networks just that easy. I've seen a k-8 school running one of these as just a DHCP server and it worked great for them.
stygzy2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 13:15    Post subject: I have 2 of those Befw1154 v4's with dd-wrt on them. Reply with quote
I have 2 Befw1154 v4's that I put dd-wrt on a few years ago. Was just checking to see if any updated firmware was out for them but they don't show up in the router database. Most of the post I've read say you can't put it on those routers but I did. I just don't remember how.
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 22:25    Post subject: Re: I have 2 of those Befw1154 v4's with dd-wrt on them. Reply with quote
stygzy2 wrote:
I have 2 Befw1154 v4's that I put dd-wrt on a few years ago. Was just checking to see if any updated firmware was out for them but they don't show up in the router database. Most of the post I've read say you can't put it on those routers but I did. I just don't remember how.

I don't believe you. These units only have a 1MB flash chip...smallest micro build ever was in the 1.6M range.

redhawk

Navigation

Jump to: