Wireless AP between old Cradlepoint and new WRT 1200AC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Sokudoningyou
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:59    Post subject: Wireless AP between old Cradlepoint and new WRT 1200AC Reply with quote
I'm scratching my head over this, but...

I have an old Cradlepoint I'm using in one part of the house, that I've used for ages with my old Netgear WNDR3300 to set up a wireless AP with the same SSID so I could move through the house without losing the signal. The Netgear had DD-WRT, the Cradlepoint does not, but using the instructions on the wiki, I had it set up perfectly.

Now, I replaced the Netgear with a Linksys 1200AC v2, and the same instructions....aren't working. I'm getting that good old "Other Network" popping up in my wireless list on my laptop instead of it properly mirroring the other SSID. Am I wrong in assuming the problem might be in the fact the Cradlepoint doesn't have 5GHz, so even if I match the signals (N only to N only), it won't work right? That's the only thing I can think of that's mucking this up.

The Linksys is on the most recent flash, 32170. Maybe I should downgrade?
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: