Help please with NAT config

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
mvdw
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 22:18    Post subject: Help please with NAT config Reply with quote
I recently upgraded from v24 running on a WRT54GL router to v30 running on a WR841N.

I copied the config from one to the other by going page by page and copying over all the settings. However, somewhere along the line my NAT rules have stopped working. I'm not sure what to do with the extra source IP field that has arrived in the new GUI.

My config is Outside port XXXX -> Inside device, port YY.

I've attempted in the source port leaving it blank, and all of 0.0.0.0/0, 0.0.0.0/32, 255.255.255.255. None of these work - I can't access my internal network device from outside.

Any clues?
Sponsor
mvdw
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:52    Post subject: NAT FIXED Reply with quote
Poor form to reply to my own post, but I've worked out the issue. The ADSL modem on the other side of the link had issued a different IP, and I'd set the DMZ to be the IP of the DD WRT router (basically the ADSL modem is just converting from ADSL to ethernet - the firewall/routing is being done by the DD WRT device).

So I changed the DMZ address to the new address of the router and all is good! Nothing wrong with the DD WRT config after all. Did my head in, though...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: