Netgear R6300v2 (AC1450) - DDWRT Troubleshoot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
rogueRenegade
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 21:48    Post subject: Netgear R6300v2 (AC1450) - DDWRT Troubleshoot Reply with quote
Initially I had the impression my DD-WRT flash was unsuccessful, but I've now been able to login to DD-WRT root via command prompt. Hopefully that means the flash was successful. My goal is to set this up as an Access Point (VPN) that is wired into our home router which is connected directly to the modem. Now that I am 'in' the DD-WRT router however, I am contending with several issues.

1. Unable to connect to WiFi and access DD-WRT UI via the browser. When I select to connect to router I am prompted to enter security key passcode. I do not have this and I have not been able to setup a new password. I am assuming this has something to do with the WPA-PSK settings in the router.

2. Network unreachable cat: can't open '/proc/sys/net/netfilter/nf_conntrack_flush': No such file or directory Followed every ~30 seconds by: gethostbyname: Resource temporarily unavailable
Once I connected home network router to the dd-wrt router's internet port, this code appeared. I am uncertain what this represents since there is nothing online about this specific code.

Any help/guidance is welcomed and I will respond to the best of my ability. This is new territory for me. Thanks in advance.
Sponsor
rogueRenegade
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 14:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
After reseting the router to factory defaults, I was able to login to the GUI web interface! Success! Still not sure what's up with number 2, but I've moved on. Geting closer towards my goal of setting up a WAP using LAN-WAN connection, I've run into more trouble. Following these two walkthroughs (https://nordvpn.com/tutorials/dd-wrt/openvpn-gui/ and http://www.techradar.com/how-to/networking/how-to-build-a-dedicated-vpn-router-1300740, the VPN Client is connected and then disconnected several times, followed by a TLS Error: TLS key negotiation failed to occur within 60 seconds (check your network connectivity). Now the State of the Client:RECONNECTING tis-error.

I know the key and cert data from nordvpn were copied over correctly, because it established a connection yesterday. Unfortunately, the VPN wasn't assigning IPs for anonymity.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong? I have the VPN router connected by WAN to LAN port of primary home router. I've checked the home router assigned devices and the VPN router is recognized as an attached device.

Not sure this is relevant, but thought it was worth mentioning. I chose to use a Static IP for the WAP configuration, where DNS1 and DNS2 are assigned VPN server addresses. The reason I went with Static IP is so that I can easily locate and access the router UI web interface.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: