Why I suddenly cannot access some sites?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
derekwildstar
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:06    Post subject: Why I suddenly cannot access some sites? Reply with quote
Hello everybody!

I have a very strange problem and I would like your help. This problem started a few weeks ago. I needed to access the site www.frigelar.com.br but the requests did not get an answer. After verifying every request path, I finally discovered that the problem was on my router (TP-Link TL-WR841ND vCool in which I installed the DD-WRT.

After a few attempts to find out what configuration was causing this problem, I gave up for lack of knowledge and decided to reset the router to its original settings, ie a "clean" copy of the DD-WRT. After I reconfigure the DD-WRT again (wireless, default IP, DHCP, etc.) the site I wanted to access became accessible again for a day.

Today, I tried to access the site again and it, again, was inaccessible.

What could be happening? I would like to continue using DD-WRT, but this strange flaw is making me reconsider this hypothesis.

PS: A strange thing that made me spend a lot of time until I discovered that the problem was in DD-WRT was that this access problem only affected Windows PCs. I have 4 Windows PCs, 1 connected directly to the router via ethernet cable and 3 other PCs connected to the wireless network. Two of these PCs have Windows 10 and two Windows 7. I have an Android phone and this one has not lost access to the site in any moment
Sponsor
dpp3530
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Does DNS resolve the site to the same IP when the issue occurs vs when it does not? DNSMasq would be my first suspect.
Linksys WRT1900AC
DD-WRT v3.0 STD
derekwildstar
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 16:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
dpp3530 wrote:
Does DNS resolve the site to the same IP when the issue occurs vs when it does not? DNSMasq would be my first suspect.

The DNS is always the same, and it is correct. I reverted my firmware to the original TP-Link firmware and the problem do not occurs anymore.

I tried to disable all suspect configurations, like the dd-wrt firewall and the so-called DNSMasq without success.
neliocamargo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 23:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have the same problem with https://www.dufrio.com.br, and i solve it your help. Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: