TP LINK WR 740N V4 DD-WRT Internet Issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
ksk235
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 21:36    Post subject: TP LINK WR 740N V4 DD-WRT Internet Issue Reply with quote
Hello,
i have configured DD-WRT Firmwire in my TP LINK WR 740N V4 router last year. I used it in Client Bridge (Routed) mode with the main router Asus RT-N10E. It just worked like charm without any issue.

Recently i have changed the main router to another Asus Router (Asus RT N12+. It's a more powerful router with some additional features.

But after upgrading to this router i have been problem with the TP Link Router. The internet can not be accessed after few minutes of connecting to the Router with DDWRT. The Wi-Fi Connection doesn't drop. My devices are still connected to the SSID of the DDWRT router. But i can't access internet anymore. If I disconnect from that SSID and then connect again it starts to work again. But after a while i can't access to internet anymore. It works with every devices i use.

Can you please suggest a solution to this problem? Thanks a lot.
Sponsor
snoopera
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Same here , 740n was working long time with my old router tp-link as client bridge, no problems, change main router to asus and now 740n lost connection to internet after some time when device connects to it , disconnect the device and connect again and and works for couple of minutes and then stops , same as OP. Any ideas , thinks its some compatibility issue with asus firmware, will test more these days or routing table problem.
Alozaros
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://dd-wrt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=303358
https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Client_Bridged
https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Repeater_Bridge
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linking_Routers#Repeater_.2F_Repeater_Bridge
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Repeating_Mode_Comparisons
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Bridging

also 2 different router vendors are not recommended,
but you can try i had ralink + atheros bridge in the past
like your case, unfortunately your new unit is a broadcom...

best working with 2 identical units Wink on the same firmware build, AES encryption, disabled SPI firewall and all security settings on the unit 2 and NG mixed or N only settings

TP-Link WR1043NDv2 -Gargoyle OS 1.15.x AP,DNS,QoS,Quotas
Qualcomm-Atheros
Netgear XR500 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/DoH,Forced DNS,AP Isolation,4VLAN,Ad-Block,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R7800 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,Forced DNS,AP&Net Isolation,x3VLAN,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R9000 --DD-WRT 55363 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,AP Isolation,Firewall,Forced DNS,x2VLAN,Vanilla
Broadcom
Netgear R7000 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/SmartDNS/DoH,AD-Block,Firewall,Forced DNS,x3VLAN,VPN
NOT USING 5Ghz ANYWHERE
------------------------------------------------------
Stubby DNS over TLS I DNSCrypt v2 by mac913
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
client (i say client instead of client bridge cause client bridge is a fake bridge) is fine between different radio brands, that is a big point of it, its wds (which also is a true bridge) where u need 2 of the same brand of radios.

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ------> r55488 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r55460 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------------------------> r50485 std
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------------------------> r50485 std

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

gps3dx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 21:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've managed to solve the issue by install "Gargoyle" firmware v1.92 on my 740N (v4.23) from https://www.gargoyle-router.com/download.php
( my 740N is my 2nd router, being a wifi client bridge ).

1st I reverted to stock firmware, then flashed Gargoyle's "factory" bin, like much dd-wrt.

The default pass is "password" and setting Gargoyle as wifi client bridging is pretty strait forward if you familiar with dd-wrt.

The only CONs I found using Gargoyle was:
1. even though wifi client bridging works for wifi, for any eth connected to the 740N, no lan/internet connectivity.
2. there seems to be a bug in the gui for the wifi channel only being between 1-7... but after a reboot ( w/o changing the gui at all ) the 740N 'knows' to sync even at channel 11 if the main router is at this channel.

the BIG PROs using Gargoyle as wifi client-bridged:
1. SSID can be same as MAIN router.
2. NO random nor constant pattern internet hangups - wifi client bridging works !
3. MAIN router is WPA2, so even the client-bridged signal is WPA2 supported as well ( many said that etheros got issues with wpa2 under client-bridge.. )

to conclude:
Wifi Client bridging FRACKING WORKS after full day of flashing and configuration either stock, dd-wrt and openwrt.
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 22:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
gps3dx wrote:
( many said that etheros got issues with wpa2 under client-bridge.. )

Never heard that one.
Client Bridge (Routed) always worked good on the EA8500 ... just tisn't a pretty solution if you want to connect a bunch of clients behind it Rolling Eyes
Alozaros
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 23:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
gps3dx wrote:
I've managed to solve the issue by install "Gargoyle" firmware v1.92 on my 740N (v4.23) from https://www.gargoyle-router.com/download.php
( my 740N is my 2nd router, being a wifi client bridge ).

1st I reverted to stock firmware, then flashed Gargoyle's "factory" bin, like much dd-wrt.

The default pass is "password" and setting Gargoyle as wifi client bridging is pretty strait forward if you familiar with dd-wrt.

The only CONs I found using Gargoyle was:
1. even though wifi client bridging works for wifi, for any eth connected to the 740N, no lan/internet connectivity.
2. there seems to be a bug in the gui for the wifi channel only being between 1-7... but after a reboot ( w/o changing the gui at all ) the 740N 'knows' to sync even at channel 11 if the main router is at this channel.

the BIG PROs using Gargoyle as wifi client-bridged:
1. SSID can be same as MAIN router.
2. NO random nor constant pattern internet hangups - wifi client bridging works !
3. MAIN router is WPA2, so even the client-bridged signal is WPA2 supported as well ( many said that etheros got issues with wpa2 under client-bridge.. )

to conclude:
Wifi Client bridging FRACKING WORKS after full day of flashing and configuration either stock, dd-wrt and openwrt.

Gargoyle is good only for QoS and Quota's if you use it behind an edge router, all the rest is so buggy, its firewall is not that great, even wi-fi client bridge fails in a week or 10 days or so not that stable as you describe it, also it has no support like DD-WRT has...
Although i have Gargoyle router too, here is DD-WRT forum, not related with Gargoyle at all...

TP-Link WR1043NDv2 -Gargoyle OS 1.15.x AP,DNS,QoS,Quotas
Qualcomm-Atheros
Netgear XR500 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/DoH,Forced DNS,AP Isolation,4VLAN,Ad-Block,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R7800 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,Forced DNS,AP&Net Isolation,x3VLAN,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R9000 --DD-WRT 55363 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,AP Isolation,Firewall,Forced DNS,x2VLAN,Vanilla
Broadcom
Netgear R7000 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/SmartDNS/DoH,AD-Block,Firewall,Forced DNS,x3VLAN,VPN
NOT USING 5Ghz ANYWHERE
------------------------------------------------------
Stubby DNS over TLS I DNSCrypt v2 by mac913
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: