AC-68U WPA2 Vunerability Firmware Patch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
evilbred
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:52    Post subject: AC-68U WPA2 Vunerability Firmware Patch Reply with quote
Good Day,

I tried sifting through the forums to see if this has already been asked, however I have a hard time understanding what is and what isn't compatible with my hardware.

I have a AC-68U router flashed currently with DD-WRT (DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/15/14) kongac - build 24865M)

I live in an apartment building with range of about 15 other networks. The announced WPA2 flaw concerns me. Is there a new firmware available that patches this flaw?

The only advanced features I need is dual band support (N and AC) and VPN support (Open VPN compatible service, Private Internet Access), though the VPN isn't always on.
Sponsor
wabe
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Latest Kong build works! Considering the age of your current build, reset the router after flashing.
Asus AC-68U rev. A1 on Build 53339
Alozaros
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:21    Post subject: Re: AC-68U WPA2 Vunerability Firmware Patch Reply with quote
evilbred wrote:
Good Day,

I tried sifting through the forums to see if this has already been asked, however I have a hard time understanding what is and what isn't compatible with my hardware.

I have a AC-68U router flashed currently with DD-WRT (DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/15/14) kongac - build 24865M)

I live in an apartment building with range of about 15 other networks. The announced WPA2 flaw concerns me. Is there a new firmware available that patches this flaw?

The only advanced features I need is dual band support (N and AC) and VPN support (Open VPN compatible service, Private Internet Access), though the VPN isn't always on.

you can update via Telnet or SSh on CLI just paste this line and press yes

ddup --flash-remote http://desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-Arm/TEST/dd-wrt.v24-K3_AC_ARM_STD.bin

it will update and save your settings...
for openVPN you will need to generate new key's as there ware few updates on OpenVPN side recently...

TP-Link WR1043NDv2 -Gargoyle OS 1.15.x AP,DNS,QoS,Quotas
Qualcomm-Atheros
Netgear XR500 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoH,Forced DNS,AP Isolation,4VLAN,Ad-Block,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R7800 --DD-WRT 55819 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,Forced DNS,AP&Net Isolation,x3VLAN,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R9000 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,AP Isolation,Firewall,Forced DNS,x2VLAN,Vanilla
Broadcom
Netgear R7000 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/SmartDNS/DoH,AD-Block,Firewall,Forced DNS,x3VLAN,VPN
NOT USING 5Ghz ANYWHERE
------------------------------------------------------
Stubby DNS over TLS I DNSCrypt v2 by mac913
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: