EDIT:RESOLVED Policy based Routing kong VS brainslayer

sesshomaru86
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 15:55    Post subject: EDIT:RESOLVED Policy based Routing kong VS brainslayer Reply with quote
Hello all1 ! Recently i passed from Kong's firmware to Brainslayer's one as the first one stopped developing for my router (linksys wrt1200ac-but was awesome until now , he has my eternal gratitude for all th ehard work he did until now !) so all good the transition the only thing that doesnt work is the Policy based Routing directly from the settings on VPN tab .

In Kong's firmware i just write all the ip that need to have the vpn in the format

192.168.1.104/32
192.168.1.106/32

etc

and was working like a charm !

In the firewall tab i have

WAN_IF="$(ip route | awk '/^default/{print $NF}')"

# block everything by default
iptables -I FORWARD -o $WAN_IF -j REJECT

# these are my exceptions
iptables -I FORWARD -s 192.168.1.126/32 -o $WAN_IF -j ACCEPT

so it can work as a killswitch . So the vpn passed through 192.168.1.104 & 192.168.1.106 only and in when it drops it stops internet only in these 2 devices and not in the 192.168.1.126.

Now after i put the ips in the policy routing tabs it stopped working internet in all the devices.

I was searching all around the forums but couldn't figure it out.I would prefer rather than using a script that make complicated everything. I read something about sfe and pbr but im not sure how to enable or disable it. The writing mode is not correct ?

Finally with this way when someone connect to my wifi i must manually put his ip in the exception list otherwise he cannot connect . Is there a way to do it automatically for all the dhcp random ip that entered my network ? Thanx a lot for possible answers!

EDIT : RESOLVED

DISABLE SFE (Shortcut Forwarding Engine ) FROM THE INITIAL SETUP PAGE AND NOW EVERYTHING WORKS .
Sponsor
ThomasPB
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 21:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
thanks so much!!!!!!!
was searching 3 month about this problem!
Frummes
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 16:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
ThomasPB wrote:
thanks so much!!!!!!!
was searching 3 months for PhenQ and about this problem!

Good to hear you solved this. I hate when the solution is something hiding in plain sight like that.

Last edited by Frummes on Thu Sep 30, 2021 16:44; edited 2 times in total
sesshomaru86
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 19:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
lol !Glad to see the post help u too guys !

Cheers! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Generic Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: