"EA6300V1" (Q87-EA6400) BCM4360

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 93, 94, 95 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
jpearn
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Does anyone have the latest 7.7 Merlin Koolshare firmware link ? I tried to register but can't get past the Chinese character Captcha !
Sponsor
plrosa
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:53    Post subject: EA6400 uuid lost Reply with quote
Hi,

by accident I did 30-30-30 hardware reset. Everytime I upload ddwrt firmware using tftp, the upload stop at about 75% probably because there is no uuid. Is my device only good for garbage ? is there a way to reupload ddwrt or linksys firmware ?
Caple
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 13:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Caple wrote:
Hello.

I'm getting a Q87-EA6400 (6300V1) for cheap and will try to install DD-WRT on it.
The seller was getting rid of it because the router was rebooting everytime someone connected on wifi. Ethernet was ok.
The router was on 1.1.40.176337 firmware and the seller said he was not able to install any other 6300 firmware. He was probably not trying 6300v1 firmwares.
Then he installed firmware 1.1.41.183873, from EA6700, and wifi was back to normal. BUT, everytime the router was rebooted, it entered a boot loop for some minutes, requering the user to reset it manually. Also the leds were not turning on.
I believe this behavior is due to the 6700 firmware.
So, it's a 6300v1 with 6700 firmware. The seller never tried a 30/30/30 reset or anything else but official firmwares.
Hope to be able to install DD-WRT with the methods in this thread.

Yep. The router has 1.1.41.183873 installed. Reverting the firmware does not work. And installing the 1.1.40 version mentioned here is not allowed.
Any idea what I should do?
Caple
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 16:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Caple wrote:
Caple wrote:
Hello.

I'm getting a Q87-EA6400 (6300V1) for cheap and will try to install DD-WRT on it.
The seller was getting rid of it because the router was rebooting everytime someone connected on wifi. Ethernet was ok.
The router was on 1.1.40.176337 firmware and the seller said he was not able to install any other 6300 firmware. He was probably not trying 6300v1 firmwares.
Then he installed firmware 1.1.41.183873, from EA6700, and wifi was back to normal. BUT, everytime the router was rebooted, it entered a boot loop for some minutes, requering the user to reset it manually. Also the leds were not turning on.
I believe this behavior is due to the 6700 firmware.
So, it's a 6300v1 with 6700 firmware. The seller never tried a 30/30/30 reset or anything else but official firmwares.
Hope to be able to install DD-WRT with the methods in this thread.

Yep. The router has 1.1.41.183873 installed. Reverting the firmware does not work. And installing the 1.1.40 version mentioned here is not allowed.
Any idea what I should do?

I was able to bypass the preparation and install the mini hack using the TFTP tool. Logged on DD-WRT, backed up UUID, loaded new CFE and so on. After rebooting, loaded on Linksys webgui.
Tried TFTP again and it completed the firmware upload. But now my router does not assign IPs, does not reset, does not respond do ping and does not load the webgui. I'm stuck on it.
Any idea?
Caple
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hooray!
Seems like now it worked.
I tried a 30/30/30 once again and, to my surprise, it started pinging. Seems like I didn't do it right the other tries.
When accessing the webgui I was presented with the Asustek CFE Server page. I tried to upload, again, the mini hack, but it failed. And also stopped pinging.
So, power off, power on. Pinging again. Again on Asustek page.
Decided to upload the Linksys firmware but, by mistake, hit directly "upload", instead of "browse". It landed on DD-WRT login page. O_o
From there I resumed step 4, copying the full DD-WRT image to it with WinSCP and applying it with Putty.
Reboot and... all working.
So far, so good.
Thanx to everyone that contributed to the tutorial.
Caple
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 16:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Too soon. :/
Had to reboot and I was back to the CFE Server page.
Uploaded the mini hack ad I was on DD-WRT. After some minutes no response from the router. And no ping anymore.
Damn.
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 18:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
The mini hack was only used to flash an ea6300v1 that was on linksys firmware to dd-wrt so that the cfe could be flashed.
Since you already have the cfe flashed, yo should only need to use the dd-wrt firmware for your router.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 18:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
The mini hack was only used to flash an ea6300v1 that was on linksys firmware to dd-wrt so that the cfe could be flashed.
Since you already have the cfe flashed, yo should only need to use the dd-wrt firmware for your router.

I tried it on the CFE server page. But got a timeout.
Now I'm trying to make it respond to a ping command, so I can upload using TFTP.
Do you have any idea why it wasn't able to boot DD-WRT after a reboot? Is there any way I can find an answer for that?
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 19:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you have the modified asus cfe, unplug the router, hold the reset button in, then plug the router in. When you get ttl=100 ping response upload the firmware.
Set a static ip on your pc.

I wish people would stop buying this router. Lol

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 19:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
If you have the modified asus cfe, unplug the router, hold the reset button in, then plug the router in. When you get ttl=100 ping response upload the firmware.
Set a static ip on your pc.

I wish people would stop buying this router. Lol

I'll try it. It's getting hard to make it ping again.
I just got the router cause it was cheap and I could replace my 7 year old TP-Link.
If I don't manage to make it work I'll look for something good on black friday.
Thanx for the replies.
Caple
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 22:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
What can I say? No luck.
Flashing DD-WRT on CFE Server or TFTP always resulted on timeout.
I was able to flash the original firmware, but the router seems to be on a boot loop. The green light flashes for some time and it reboots. I know that because the connection on Windows goes off and on.
Paper weight! :p
beach guy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 18:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Linksys currently has the ea6400 at $29 for refurb, so took a chance and got one, decent router once it's up and running, but if you get the refurb router from Linksys you're probably going to have to flash from serial, Malachi has a pic of the pins somewhere which I unfortunately can't find anymore, so you'll have to dig for that, my board didn't have any pins so I sacrificed an old ttl cable by stripping the wires nice and long, threading them through the holes and wrapping tight to keep good contact, not pretty but it worked.

Once it's running there's a couple of quirks to keep in mind, it's got the 32k bug which will cause it to fail at boot, so you need to put this script in startup -

for line in `nvram show | grep =$ `; do var=${line%*=}; nvram unset $var; done

It will still fail at boot occasionally, for example any change in settings will cause a boot fail, but with that script all you have to do is unplug for 30 seconds and you should be good, without the script you'll have to 30/30/30. So all in all, if you don't mind serial flashing and the boot quirks, it's a decent router for $29 (wouldn't pay anymore for it though), but if you're just looking for something to slap dd on quick, it's probably best to return it and go with something else.
Caple
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 18:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
beach guy wrote:
Linksys currently has the ea6400 at $29 for refurb, so took a chance and got one, decent router once it's up and running, but if you get the refurb router from Linksys you're probably going to have to flash from serial, Malachi has a pic of the pins somewhere which I unfortunately can't find anymore, so you'll have to dig for that, my board didn't have any pins so I sacrificed an old ttl cable by stripping the wires nice and long, threading them through the holes and wrapping tight to keep good contact, not pretty but it worked.

Once it's running there's a couple of quirks to keep in mind, it's got the 32k bug which will cause it to fail at boot, so you need to put this script in startup -

for line in `nvram show | grep =$ `; do var=${line%*=}; nvram unset $var; done

It will still fail at boot occasionally, for example any change in settings will cause a boot fail, but with that script all you have to do is unplug for 30 seconds and you should be good, without the script you'll have to 30/30/30. So all in all, if you don't mind serial flashing and the boot quirks, it's a decent router for $29 (wouldn't pay anymore for it though), but if you're just looking for something to slap dd on quick, it's probably best to return it and go with something else.

Hi. Yesterday I decided to play with it again.
Mine does not have the serial connection on the board, so I gave up on that. I know the picture you are saying, I saw it some days ago. But decided to try the "regular" firmware upload.
After A LOT of tries and timeouts I was able to flash the DD-WRT EA6400 build to it, using TFTP. After login I used the webgui update firmware to flash it again. Twice. Wink
It's up and running since then, all night long. After I get home from work I'll reboot it and see if it will fail to boot or not. I may test the line you posted.
Thanx for the tip.
beach guy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 16:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
It's up and running since then, all night long. After I get home from work I'll reboot it and see if it will fail to boot or not.

That line is really only needed if you didn't flash the cfe, so if you flashed it you should be ok.
Caple
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 16:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
beach guy wrote:
Quote:
It's up and running since then, all night long. After I get home from work I'll reboot it and see if it will fail to boot or not.

That line is really only needed if you didn't flash the cfe, so if you flashed it you should be ok.

I did flash the CFE. And added the line.
Also added the line to turn the green light on.
So far, so good. Very Happy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 93, 94, 95 ... 97, 98, 99  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 94 of 99
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: