Linksys WRT54G2v1 as a VPN server

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods
wernd
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 14:42    Post subject: Linksys WRT54G2v1 as a VPN server Reply with quote
I am a novice when it comes to this stuff, but I've been reviewing things online all morning, trying to see how to make this work, or if it's even possible.

A couple years ago, I upgraded my WRT54G2v1 to dd-wrt and used it as an extender. Now, I'd like to turn it into a VPN server. Connect it via ethernet to my main router and have it always connected through a VPN in my other country.

Unfortunately, I do not see a vpn version of firmware for this model. Am I missing something? I've successfully updated the firmware to the available firmware versions and no VPN in the Services tab.

Am I missing something?

Thank you and I appreciate any tolerance req'd due to my not being fully versed in the lingo, etc.

-wernd-
Sponsor
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 15:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Not enough flash memory for VPN.

With a 240 Mhz processor, it will not get you any throughput either. Likely 1 Mbit/s.
wernd
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 16:21    Post subject: Thank you! Reply with quote
That'll explain why no one has bothered with a firmware version to support it. Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: