Mobile Hotspot as source internet & Private network w/DH

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
substancev
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 18:51    Post subject: Mobile Hotspot as source internet & Private network w/DH Reply with quote
How to I configure my router thats running DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/12/10) std to use my mobiles phone as source of internet and have routing with DHCP server?

My home is in an area where they are working on the fibers and it is dropping my internet intermittently. It's currently happening more times progressively. I already have my router (wrt54gl) acting as a client bridge. The problem with this setup is that it is using my DHCP server on my phone and I'm limited to a number of connections. Plus the IP scheme of my phone doesn't match my home network and I have some static IP's on the network. Since this will be used as a back up I would like to be able to just turn the router on and use it as a backup.

What do I have to do in order to accomplish what I am looking to do.
Sponsor
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 19:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Client_Mode

Configure the wifi as a client that connect to your phone's wifi.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: