dd-wrt reversal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
marmate55
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 13:22    Post subject: dd-wrt reversal Reply with quote
Hi have recently purchased a Linksys wrt1900acs. Flashed with new software but no matter how hard i have tried to install a vpn nothing works. i am using it as a secondary router just for vpn use. have tried to use Express,Nord,Ip vanish and identity cloaker but nothing will connect successfully. The router is the V2 edition and have installed DD-WRT and upgraded as well. My question is how can i remove DD-WRT and revert back to stock firmware from Linksys. I did actully flash the router over Wi Fi as its not easy to connect imac over lan.
Sponsor
ad19
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 14:47    Post subject: Re: dd-wrt reversal Reply with quote
marmate55 wrote:
Hi have recently purchased a Linksys wrt1900acs. Flashed with new software but no matter how hard i have tried to install a vpn nothing works. i am using it as a secondary router just for vpn use. have tried to use Express,Nord,Ip vanish and identity cloaker but nothing will connect successfully. The router is the V2 edition and have installed DD-WRT and upgraded as well. My question is how can i remove DD-WRT and revert back to stock firmware from Linksys. I did actully flash the router over Wi Fi as its not easy to connect imac over lan.

1. SSH into the dd-wrt console.
2. COMMAND ubootenv get boot_part to find the current partition in use. 
3. COMMAND ubootenv set boot_part (1 or 2 – the opposite number returned in step 2)
4. COMMAND reboot
This will take you to Linksys firmware. You can then choose either to leave dd-wrt on the other partition or overwrite it with Linksys factory firmware.

DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 15:32    Post subject: Re: dd-wrt reversal Reply with quote
ad19 wrote:
marmate55 wrote:

1. SSH into the dd-wrt console.
2. COMMAND ubootenv get boot_part to find the current partition in use. 
3. COMMAND ubootenv set boot_part (1 or 2 – the opposite number returned in step 2)
4. COMMAND reboot
This will take you to Linksys firmware. You can then choose either to leave dd-wrt on the other partition or overwrite it with Linksys factory firmware.

This assumes only flashing dd-wrt once. If more then once then the Linksys partition/firmware has been overwritten.

With later dd-wrt builds, you can flash the Linksys firmware thru the dd-wrt ui just like if you were upgrading dd-wrt if the Linksys firmware has been overwritten.

ISP:Comcast
tutorial for flashing "WRT" series:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=287813
DD-WRT Installation, Upgrade & Basic Setup–Cliff Notes:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=311117
Kong DD-WRT Config Tutorial:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Install-and-Configure-a-DD-WRT-Kong-Router/
I tried to be normal once. Worst 2 minutes ever.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: