Guest Network

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
IT_cog_MD
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Do you have NAT turned on where it needs to be?

You technically do not have my same setup. I could not get the guest network to work to save my life using a Gateway setup. I instead opted for a basic WAP.

This sets the WAN connection to disabled and advanced networking to router instead of gateway

I gave the router a static IP and then only used DNSMasq and not the DHCPd method

So i have 2 interface directives in my DNSMasq section
Code:
interface=br0
interface=wl0.1

I set the WAN Port to another port using the checkbox and then just used DNSMasq to run the dhcp for the connected devices i wanted to pass through that are connected wirelessley

So hardwired connections get DHCP from DHCP server ISP router. Wireless can connect via DHCP from wrt and have access to network. And also wirelessly get DHCP from wrt but no access

Also, depending on the guide there was a lot of unnecessary firewall rules. Probably from guides being written for older versions of wrt. But you should only have 2 firewall rules and no more
Sponsor
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: