Linksys EA6900 1.1 - stuck in loop

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
estarna
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 14:49    Post subject: Linksys EA6900 1.1 - stuck in loop Reply with quote
Hi community, I have been given an Linksys EA6900 1.1 which the problem is the following: when reset, the manufacturer web gui is appearing asking for the password, admin, except after that, it stucks in the infamous "waiting" window.

I was planning to flash it to ddwrt and downloaded the "ddwrt-linksys-ea6900-webflash.bin" from kong website.

Router starts, I'm able to ping 192.168.1.1 and when receiving the TTL=100, I'm not able to flash it with the ddwrt-linksys-ea6900-webflash.bin. I can flash the original linksys file or even the cfe_ea6900.bin. when done (fttp says it was flashed correctely) it always reboot with the same linksys web gui and the "waiting" windows reappear.

Any clue?

Thanks!

waiting.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  70.83 KB
 Viewed:  5009 Time(s)

waiting.jpg

Sponsor
native_tx
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 0:08    Post subject: Re: Linksys EA6900 1.1 - stuck in loop Reply with quote
estarna wrote:
Hi community, I have been given an Linksys EA6900 1.1 which the problem is the following: when reset, the manufacturer web gui is appearing asking for the password, admin, except after that, it stucks in the infamous "waiting" window.

I was planning to flash it to ddwrt and downloaded the "ddwrt-linksys-ea6900-webflash.bin" from kong website.

Router starts, I'm able to ping 192.168.1.1 and when receiving the TTL=100, I'm not able to flash it with the ddwrt-linksys-ea6900-webflash.bin. I can flash the original linksys file or even the cfe_ea6900.bin. when done (fttp says it was flashed correctely) it always reboot with the same linksys web gui and the "waiting" windows reappear.

Any clue?

Thanks!

You did look through this area of support?
https://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=291230#291230
colnago
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Likely a 30-30-30 reset was done and/or a dd-wrt flash and the UUID, etc is gone. I have seen this once and was not able to get stock firmware back on. To get to dd-wrt I think I needed a serial cable, the only time with an ea6900. I seem to remember trying a lot of tftps with different firmware before resorting to the serial cable.
native_tx
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 20:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
colnago wrote:
Likely a 30-30-30 reset was done and/or a dd-wrt flash and the UUID, etc is gone. I have seen this once and was not able to get stock firmware back on. To get to dd-wrt I think I needed a serial cable, the only time with an ea6900. I seem to remember trying a lot of tftps with different firmware before resorting to the serial cable.

Its possible that was done but that maybe a different problem, you could use a serial and if your unsure on how to do that you can look it up, easiest way to get answers. or you could install the regular linksys firmware the one without the special connect software, On a different note, I know that when I was using lede on my ea3500 their firmware wouldn't install until i revert to the original firmware without the special connect. Good luck
estarna
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 0:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
I can't say if 30-30-30 was done, but I would guess not. The donator is not the tekkie kind. I would rather guess a firmware upgrade with the special connect feature.

I maybe have to use the serial way, but before ordering a cable, I was wondering if there were an original firmware whout the special connect.

I can't find any on the linksys website.

Oldest I have is FW_EA6900_1.1.42.156465_prod,0.

Is there a compatible model with an older version I could try?

Thanks a lot BTW.
Whitewizard
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 13:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ive had luck using flash-ea6700 while at the forever waiting screen.

Initial Brain Slayer DD-WRT Image
estarna
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 17:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks Whitewizard! That did the trick.

A big thanks, I was able to flash it with "ddwrt-linksys-ea6900-webflash.bin". I will start from there.

Best regards.
colnago
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you have not reset yet, enable ssh and go in and grab the UUID before you do that.
Code:
nvram get uuid_key
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: