TP-Link Archer C9 Thread

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 70, 71, 72  Next
Integraoligist
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 16:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi all,

Using the TP Link Archer C9 and just need to know what was the last stable version to work without any issues?

I'm using OpenVPN and NAS, nothing else special.

I can only find Beta versions for this router, nothing under the Stable folder.

Thanks!
Sponsor
oroberto
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 16:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Acher c9 V2

Update for new version-r34929

I use the DD-WRT build v3.0-r34929 std (02/12/1Cool and get error after making some change in the admin tab. I can not access with username and password before registered.

I need to reset to re- access the router, because I get access denied. Can someone help me?

sorry about my English
jwh7
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 19:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
oroberto wrote:
I use the DD-WRT build v3.0-r34929 std (02/12/1Cool and get error after making some change in the admin tab. I can not access with username and password before registered.

I need to reset to re-access the router, because I get access denied. Can someone help me?
Did you try just holding down the reset until the lights change? Or was there no response to that? The wiki states that 30/30/30 reset is ok for this model.
|FreshTomato: F7D8302@532|OpenWRT: F9K1119v1, RT-ACRH13, R6220, WNDR3700v4
oroberto
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 19:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
I already did normal reset and 30-30-30 but none helped me. I continue with the problem. But putty ssh logs in normally. The problem only appears when I change some configuration in the administration tab.
jwh7
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 20:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
oroberto wrote:
But putty ssh logs in normally. The problem only appears when I change some configuration in the administration tab.
Interesting; what configuration change(s) causes it?

I've read of this password vs telnet happening on older devices, fixed by 'erase nvram' from telnet/ssh. Is that safe on this model?

One person mentions doing it here:
madman999 wrote:
[...] I ended up with a mysterious eth3 interface still set to 00:90:4C:0E:51:23

only way to get back to the way the original way was to issue an erase nvram command
The reason it is avoided is that some manufacturers starting putting board_data and/or CFE default params in the nvram partition, I guess as a way to thrwart third-party firmware.
oroberto
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 20:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
jwh7 wrote:
oroberto wrote:
But putty ssh logs in normally. The problem only appears when I change some configuration in the administration tab.
Interesting; what configuration change(s) causes it?

I've read of this password vs telnet happening on older devices, fixed by 'erase nvram' from telnet/ssh. Is that safe on this model?

One person mentions doing it here:
madman999 wrote:
[...] I ended up with a mysterious eth3 interface still set to 00:90:4C:0E:51:23

only way to get back to the way the original way was to issue an erase nvram command
The reason it is avoided is that some manufacturers starting putting board_data and/or CFE default params in the nvram partition, I guess as a way to thrwart third-party firmware.

-----------------------------------------------------
I already have the code to delete.

erase nvram
reboot

deleted the nvram but the problem continues. Any configuration change in the Management tab causes the problem
oroberto
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 20:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
another user reported in the bugs section:

0004886: Router becomes inaccessible after saving settings on 'management' page
Description Using DD-WRT v3.0-r34876 std (02/08/1Cool on Asus RT-AC68U (rebadged T-mobile cellspot).
In last couple of versions, when making any changes on Administration->Management page and saving, router can not be accessed with current password. Default username/password do not work either. Not sure what cause the password to change/get corrupted.
Steps to reproduce -->
1. Install DD-WRT v3.0-r34876 std (02/08/1Cool
2. Change default username/password to whatever you want
3. Go to Administration->Management page, make any change (e.g. uncheck 'Enable Info Site' checkbox), click - save and then apply settings.
4. After settings are saved, dd-wrt will prompt for password (or try to navigate to other page, that will trigger the password prompt)
5. Try to login with username/password set in step 2. You will not be able to log in. Default username/password doesn't work either.
jwh7
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
oroberto wrote:
3. Go to Administration->Management page, make any change (e.g. uncheck 'Enable Info Site' checkbox), click - save and then apply settings.
4. After settings are saved, dd-wrt will prompt for password (or try to navigate to other page, that will trigger the password prompt)
5. Try to login with username/password set in step 2. You will not be able to log in. Default username/password doesn't work either.
Since telnet is accessible, what if you `nvram unset http_username;nvram unset http_passwd` ?
oroberto
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
jwh7 wrote:
Since telnet is accessible, what if you `nvram unset http_username;nvram unset http_passwd` ?.

Resolved in parts, but when you register the password and change items in the management tab back the problem. But I appreciate the help. You can go to work already.
Integraoligist
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 20:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
gaetawoo wrote:
madman999 wrote:
seems like it;s a new router so maybe not all features are implemented. I guess you just have to be patient and hopefully in the next few releases, more features will be working.

I read your other posts and seems like there is a USB/NAS tab and you set up the sharing but it;s not functioning correctly? Can you make a screen print of your configuration screen? what happens if you type \\ip address of your router\ in my computer on a windows machine?

also,seems like there is a new version out from 5-7-15 26584. I guess give that a try as well.

I don;t have this router but I might pick one up as it looks like a decent next generation AC unit.

Range wise it's pretty great.

I've been using DD-WRT for over a year and never had issues setting up USB SMB sharing before. Just seems to me that the code for that part is buggy, but maybe it's been fixed in the latest.

Attached at screenshots of the two pages. I'm not sure why it's showing my drive in the Disk Info, because the disk is off.

When I was trying to get it to work, whenever I would type in the router's IP address in explorer, it would say that there was nothing at that address (with respect to a shared folder).
I love the router, just want the sharing to work.

Hi all, just started using DDWRT a few days ago, installed the 34929 rev on our Archer C9 V1... everythings working great with it, however I'm having an issue setting up our NTFS HDD on the USB of the router.

I've got everything set as in the post above, I see the drive and can access it on all the Windows PCs... but I can only READ, i can not Write anything.

Anytime I try to move/delete/add/change anything in the drive I get a Windows error: YOU NEED PERMISSION TO PREFORM THIS ACTION

I installed the drive on my windows 10 pc and created an "Everyone" account under the Security > Users and granted full access. So while connected to Win10 it functions perfectly fine. I install it back on the USB NAS interface and I check the Security > Users... Everyone is listed, but we do NOT have Full Control, only "Special Permissions" is checked and grayed out. I try to give Everyone Full Control but I then get error: AN ERROR OCCURRED WHILE APPLYING SECURITY INFORMATION TO" \\NASDRIVE\NAS
FAILED TO ENUMERATE OBJECTS IN THE CONTAINER. ACCESS IS DENIED

Anyone have any idea what is going on? In the router I tried removing the User and setting the share to Public... but it's still having this issue.

Thanks all!
Knx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have some problems when I try to put USB 3.0 and 2.4ghz wifi to work together, when I connect hdd to router the wifi increase TX errors and get unreachable.
(RX looks fine up until device disconnect automaticaly)

I'm on r34929 but in past versions r33xxx I was having this problem too.
omiez
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:41    Post subject: Archer C9 V2.0 back to original firmware ? Reply with quote
Hello friends.

I am stuck at DD-WRT v3.0-r35244 (03/05/18)on my C9 Ver.2.0 and i want to go back to original firmware.

I have tried to use the Brick Revert but with no success.

can anybody help me to go back to original firmware of this router please or give a firmware to rollback?

Please note my version is 2.0.

jaykumar_2001
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:

I toasted an Archer C9 and tried the UART solder option, but can never get any output on the putty window through serial port. Would you be able to put up some step by step instructions and links to the bin files etc you are using?
Thanks Smile

I was experiencing the same issue, read somewhere that serial console ground might cause problem. Here is what I do to get serial console to work

1. Remove GROUND wire from "UART to TTL USB"
2. Switch on Router
3. Give it few seconds
4. Connect GROUND again
5. Start serial console, it works.[/quote]
MolaMola
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
I bought this router (hardware version 1) for its VLAN support. It still took me many hours though to figure out how to enable support for the VLAN ID used by the local ftth provider. For those who are trying to figure out the same, this is how I did it.

The fiber provider here uses a PPPoE connection with VLAN ID 10. Your VLAN ID and connection type might be different. Check with your provider.

VLAN tagging WAN

(1) Do not use the "VLAN Tagging" section of the "Networking" tab. Instead set the VLAN number of the WAN port under the "VLANs" tab and check the "Tagged" checkbox under the WAN port. The end result is two checked boxes in the WAN column: the correct VLAN and the "Tagged" box. Ignore all other columns and settings on this page. Hit "save" and "apply settings".

(2) Under the "Networking" tab, make sure that the "WAN Port Assignment" is correct. In my case it's "vlan10".

Source: https://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=914740&sid=c7fdee3ce051ed7f22202a928d3a08ae#914740

VLAN on PPPoE connection

In case you also need to set PPPoE the C9 does not apply VLAN tagging of the WAN correctly. This is the case with DD-WRT build 35244 and I'm not sure if this situation will ever change. I fixed this with the following commands in SSH:

Code:
nvram set pppoe_wan_ifname=vlan10
nvram commit

Again, make sure you use your provider's actual VLAN ID here.

Source: https://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=914899&sid=c7fdee3ce051ed7f22202a928d3a08ae#914899

Internet access is rock solid now. Much much better than with the standard ISP router which has been demoted to access point elsewhere in the house.
omiez
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 15:35    Post subject: Re: Archer C9 V2.0 back to original firmware ? Reply with quote
omiez wrote:
Hello friends.

I am stuck at DD-WRT v3.0-r35244 (03/05/18)on my C9 Ver.2.0 and i want to go back to original firmware.

I have tried to use the Brick Revert but with no success.

can anybody help me to go back to original firmware of this router please or give a firmware to rollback?

Please note my version is 2.0.

Anybody can help please. I would like to recover my Router, it was not my fault i sold the router and the buyer flashed ddwrt and now he gave me the router back in this condition.

I wanna simply go back to original Ver.2.0 firmware.

Anybody?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 70, 71, 72  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 58 of 72
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: