Router seems to crash every few days - v3.0-r34900M

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
edgar_is
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 18:45    Post subject: Router seems to crash every few days - v3.0-r34900M Reply with quote
Router: Netgear R7000
DD-WRT Build: v3.0-r34900M kongac (02/11/1Cool

This has been going on for a while now, for multiple previous builds.

I have a Netgear R7000. I've clean installed builds, I've made sure to reset everything and not back up/restore settings. I've also upgraded using SSH.

Every so often, usually overnight or when I'm out of town, I start getting notifications that my devices are offline (usually Canary, Nest, PLEX, etc).

I walk over to my router and sometimes the activity lights seem normal, sometimes the power light is pink.

At this point if I try to connect via wifi, I get an error saying that the password is incorrect. If I try to access it via IP from a wired computer it never loads the page and also won't respond to pings.

I have to turn I off and turn it back on again for it to work.

Can you guys give me some advice? Are there specific logs I can check to see exactly what's failing?
Sponsor
edgar_is
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 18:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Actually... now that I take a closer look. Does this look like an attack? Is it possible that my router crashes when all of these login attempts are happening?

edgar_is
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 19:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Disregard for now. I may have fixed this.

I guess I accidentally enabled SSH remote access. I've disabled that and also enabled limit ssh from the security tab.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: