3G Mobile Connection not working on dd-wrt, but good on ASUS

ruancilliers
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:10    Post subject: 3G Mobile Connection not working on dd-wrt, but good on ASUS Reply with quote
Dear DD-WRT community,

With my ASUS software for my ASUS RT-N18U my 3G Dongle (Huaweii E3531) and mobile connection works perfectly. After I flushed the router to DD-WRT I can't get the 3G Mobile Connection working. It does not even pick up a signal as you can see in the attachment. The APN and PIN is 100% in the Mobile Connection Settings (See attached) As it is working perfectly on the ASUS firmware, it should only be a setting in DD-WRT I think. What can I do or what am I missing? Loving DD-WRT, but without internet the router is useless at my home.

Note: When I plug the 3G dongle into the ASUS RT-N18U router the Huawei E3531 dongle does turn dark blue, which means it does get a signal from the dongle itself, but still when I look on the WAN page, there it says Signal Status n.a and when I press the Connect button nothing changes.

I tried to use the latest build on beta:
Firmware DD-WRT v3.0 r35034 std (02/17/1Cool

Looking forward to hear from anyone who can help me.
Ruan Cilliers

Mobile Connection 2.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  275.64 KB
 Viewed:  1762 Time(s)

Mobile Connection 2.png

Mobile Connection 1.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  288.44 KB
 Viewed:  1762 Time(s)

Mobile Connection 1.png

Sponsor
ruancilliers
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:05    Post subject: Connection Type Disabled for Mobile Broadband-How to enable? Reply with quote
Also note that when I do press the Connect button then I get the message Connection Type Disabled as is in the screen shot. How do I enable the connection type as it is already set on Mobile Broadband in the Setup Page.

Thank you kindly!

Mobile Connection 3.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  45.19 KB
 Viewed:  1757 Time(s)

Mobile Connection 3.png

Xeon2k8
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
1st shrink images as per forum rules. 2nd https://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=313919
R6250 - BS 29193 running since 03/20/16 - (AP - NAS - FTP - SMB - DNSMasq - AdBlocking)
ruancilliers
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 22:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dear Xeon2k8,

Thank you for your recommendation. I downgraded my dd-wrt firmware to 33525 as your post suggested that we should downgrade.

At least now I get a signal (where before I only got n.a.) Still when I connect I get the same error message: "Connection Type Disabled" as in the screenshot of my previous post.

I added the screenshot, where you can see that downgrading my firmware to 33525 did give me a signal status at least. So baby steps moving forward Smile Do you have any other suggestions Xeon2k8?

Secondly, jxm, I will definitely try to enable jffs/jffs2 to see if that make a difference and come back to you. Great! Thank you for your reply. I really appreciate your time! Maybe this was the next needed step Smile

Mobile Connection 5.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  74.96 KB
 Viewed:  1701 Time(s)

Mobile Connection 5.png

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: