WRT3200ACM??

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 190, 191, 192 ... 197, 198, 199  Next
Mark1958
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 0:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
myersw wrote:
@savagepagan
I have purchased many products from Ebay and never had an issue. I subscribe to the idea that if it makes it through the warranty period it should be good to go. Most electronics such as routers I buy off of Ebay are out of warranty so do not care as long as it works when I receive it. Watch sellers, must say they will replace a dead on arrival device, but some are as is.

I like Ebay and make many purchases a year there, and a lot of companies will still honor their warranties regardless of were you purchase them so long as you register them timely.

And yes you are right 100% right if it works when you receive it in most cases you wont have an issue.
And I also think that Netgear should honer their warranty regardless who it's purchased from if it's new, but some companies are funny about that.

In fact I bought both of my 3200acm from Ebay and Linksys honored the warranty on both.

Router: LinksysWRT3200Acm{RIP}
Router: Linksys EA8500 kongat r35030m (Vpn)
Router: Netgear X4S kongat r35965M
Vpn: IpVanish
Unbrick your 3200acm with usb to ttl cable: https://tinyurl.com/y9azvrkg
Sponsor
savagepagan
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the inputs. I may opt for a R8000p off ebay over a new AC86u, but I hear lots of complaints of wireless disconnects with the r8000p and a need to reboot it to fix the problem. I tend to think some of these disconnect problems are from having the router automatically choose a channel instead of manually selecting one yourself.
Mark1958
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
savagepagan wrote:
Thanks for the inputs. I may opt for a R8000p off ebay over a new AC86u, but I hear lots of complaints of wireless disconnects with the r8000p and a need to reboot it to fix the problem. I tend to think some of these disconnect problems are from having the router automatically choose a channel instead of manually selecting one yourself.

I have seen the same thing over on the Netgear site, but not even close to the degree of the 3200 I think there were only a couple of threads the last time I looked complanining about wireless drops and having to reboot.
And if you throw out a few of the complaints for operator error then you have only a few with problems and lets be clear no were close to epidemic!

05dyna
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mark1958 wrote:
…..but the wi-fi functionality is subpar to say the least!

I know, it’s not my first rodeo here with the 3200. This wireless fiasco has been deliberated over and over and over and over again so IMHO it was time for something positive. Not that you are going to run out and get gig internet but just because your device has a gig wan port that doesn’t mean you could actually do gigabit speed. The 3200 on the other hand is delivering the provisioned speed by way of the Wan port in the real world and not just on paper or bench testing down in the manufacture’s basement. This is the 3200 thread and it is for thread for successes & failures, it not for which replacement should I buy and where to buy it? That’s for either the General thread or the specific hardware you are interested in.
Mark1958
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
05dyna wrote:
Mark1958 wrote:
…..but the wi-fi functionality is subpar to say the least!

I know, it’s not my first rodeo here with the 3200. This wireless fiasco has been deliberated over and over and over and over again so IMHO it was time for something positive. Not that you are going to run out and get gig internet but just because your device has a gig wan port that doesn’t mean you could actually do gigabit speed. The 3200 on the other hand is delivering the provisioned speed by way of the Wan port in the real world and not just on paper or bench testing down in the manufacture’s basement. This is the 3200 thread and it is for thread for successes & failures, it not for which replacement should I buy and where to buy it? That’s for either the General thread or the specific hardware you are interested in.

Really your going to single me out for posting in this forum and thread, on something someone else posted and asked about. Please that just wrong in so many ways!!!
And many long timer's, and others post in this very segment that you neglected to call out!!!
That's Just WRONG PEROID!!!

Good thing is I have sense of humor !!!
Smile
Have a blessed day.

And Yes the 3200 wireless is subpar n my opinion.

05dyna
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Jeez, a little sensitive aren’t we?

@ Mark1958 two things, first off you quoted me and if that’s all you’re concerned about then yea that’s directed at them too.

@ long timer's - go post your non Marvell hardware stories elsewhere and stay on point.

Feel better? I realize there is always going to be some thread drift but I’m just here for the 3200. BS use to post here but with all the drama and the XXX is better than your YYY router it’s a wonder he even continues to do builds for us. We’re already a couple of 3200 emotional support threads so if someone has a valid reason why it needs to continue here in the wrt3200 support thread then I’m listening....
Mark1958
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 16:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
@05dyna Fair enough, I just try to be respectful to all on this site, and also think I have fairly thick skin, but it did appear you were directing your comment at me, and I can't help but think a simple PM about the issue or a blanket statement addressing topic drift would have been more appropriate!
But just for the record I will try to keep from drifting off topic going forward.
So my apology to all!!, and have a blessed day Mark

Last edited by Mark1958 on Wed Feb 21, 2018 16:26; edited 1 time in total
aairon
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 16:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
I do see a lot of disparaging posts about how bad the WRT series is.

I agree we are here to focus on making these work as best as they can.
Discussing all the other routers that are better and how they have 'other' third party support seems to somewhat undermine what were trying to accomplish here.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 16:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
@aairon I agree that's why I keep trying every new build and builds not even posted here in this forum.
And I will also say I'm still running a 3200 as my signature reflex's, and have done what I could to help others along the way with their Wrt routers.

05dyna
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 17:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
@ Mark1958 No apology needed, I just call them as I see them and have done it myself from time to time. The problem is it’s getting a little too far off course and this thread on pace for 200 pages. IMHO 50% of the post could be removed because of the increase in OT postings. In a nutshell if something good or bad happens within the 3200 world I would like to read about here. Another way to view it is you needed to reference something how do you find it with all the OT post? Someone asked the other day about the ath2 radio and I know BS posted a quick overview and all I could respond with was it was explained once (by BS) and it is buried in the big 3200 thread...
aairon
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 17:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Speaking of ath2 radio there is current discussion about it in the git, to the effect that it involves country codes and that it was intended for radar receive ONLY never intended to have Tx function.

Only used for DFS.
With 1900 and 1200 it seems to be causing issues right now.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 21:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
aairon wrote:
Speaking of ath2 radio there is current discussion about it in the git, to the effect that it involves country codes and that it was intended for radar receive ONLY never intended to have Tx function.

Only used for DFS.
With 1900 and 1200 it seems to be causing issues right now.

i thought that only wrt3200acm has ath2 (the 88W8887 chip).
sploit
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:11    Post subject: Great and Fast Router Reply with quote
This router and all of the fast WRT line are great routers.

I test all of them all the time.

Yes, some channels and settings on ddwrt dont work correctly but IF you set the router up with decent and working settings it is stable.

https://sploitworks.com/bbs/showthread.php?tid=29

[OPTIMAL WRT3200ACM WIFI SETTINGS]

866Mbps Link Rates Achieved below using...

#### Connected at full 5G Speeds on this setting
Wireless Mode: AP
Wireless Network Mode: Mixed
Channel Width: VHT80
Wireless Channel: 149
Extension Channel: Upper +6

#### Connected at full 2G Speeds on this setting
Wireless Network Mode: Mixed
Channel Width: Wide HT40
Wireless Channel: 6
Extension Channel: Lower

#### 2.4/5G Triband Radio (DONT TURN THIS ON)
Wireless Network Mode: Disabled
Disable TurboQAM

Advanced Settings (For all interfaces)
1) Protection Mode: RTS/CTS

Completely Stable and with VPN's also.

I run days worth of tests at a time on massive download lists over IPVanish and PIA.

I am wondering with all the people B17©hing on this thread, if they even own a WRT3200ACM or purchased a "For Parts Only" WRT3200ACM on Ebay and Resurected it and now find themselves wondering why they have problems a ton of other users on this forum dont.

This router can also VPN at 200Mbps easy, I have done it.

Last edited by sploit on Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:46; edited 1 time in total
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm wondering if it's so good, why has linksys been giving free routers, different ones, to those who own the wrt3200acm.
They are even told they can keep the wrt3200acm. Seems to me if there weren't any problems they wouldn't do that.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 15:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
@sploit
Those are the settings I found to work the best for me as well when I was still running the wrt3200. I found the wrt3200 with latest dd-wrt ran well. Just finally got sick of the work in progress wireless driver support provided by Marvel.
Nice work on the site giving the info.
--bill

ISP:Comcast
tutorial for flashing "WRT" series:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=287813
DD-WRT Installation, Upgrade & Basic Setup–Cliff Notes:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=311117
Kong DD-WRT Config Tutorial:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Install-and-Configure-a-DD-WRT-Kong-Router/
I tried to be normal once. Worst 2 minutes ever.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 190, 191, 192 ... 197, 198, 199  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 191 of 199
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: