WRT3200ACM??

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 191, 192, 193 ... 197, 198, 199  Next
myersw
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 15:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
I'm wondering if it's so good, why has linksys been giving free routers, different ones, to those who own the wrt3200acm.
They are even told they can keep the wrt3200acm. Seems to me if there weren't any problems they wouldn't do that.

My guess is they are not really interested in this product line and wish it would go away. Probably are realizing that going with Marvel chips was not a good plan when there are vendors like Broadcomm and Atheros providing quality chips. Look at what they use in the give away routers, not Marvel. Why else give someone a different product and tell them to keep the existing one?

I originally gave Linksys a pat on the back for looking like they wanted to put out a product meant to be modified by 3rd party developers. Became apparent down the road that their heart did not seem to be in it. Wireless drivers being the biggest example.

My Netgear r8000 with a 1 gig cpu will run circles around the wrt3200 in my wireless tests. The r8000p I have is faster yet.

ISP:Comcast
tutorial for flashing "WRT" series:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=287813
DD-WRT Installation, Upgrade & Basic Setup–Cliff Notes:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=311117
Kong DD-WRT Config Tutorial:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Install-and-Configure-a-DD-WRT-Kong-Router/
I tried to be normal once. Worst 2 minutes ever.
Sponsor
05dyna
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 17:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
I'm wondering if it's so good, why has linksys been giving free routers, different ones, to those who own the wrt3200acm.
They are even told they can keep the wrt3200acm. Seems to me if there weren't any problems they wouldn't do that.

that ship has sailed and they only did that short-term "during the holiday season" according to one of their CSR. I assume they needed to buy some time while they hacked together a replacement stock FW build. So that FREE router program ended only a few weeks after it started. You could argue it was too little too late but at least it was something. I called and got one of their free routers and sold it the same day on ebay the same day it arrived at the house.

Obviously I like my 3200 and it has NO problem doing gigabit WAN with dd-wrt. We didn’t need a gig connection but it was actually cheaper than a 100/30 connection we had at the cable company. If I had all CAT5E or CAT6 I could probably do a little better but for now no problem doing 910/925 on CAT5. So yes the wireless may have some issues but the 1.8 GHz processor, running dd-wrt at $100 (US) price point for a refurb works just fine for us. Think about it, if it was really that bad don't you think BS would have pulled the plug on it by now?

BTW here's the 3200 5GHz speed, still needs work...

sploit
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 21:01    Post subject: Exactly Reply with quote
@05dyna
Completely Agree

Companies will also give out free stuff to shut customers up in general. Some customers are complete retards and just want free stuff. I have witnessed it first hand. For a company that makes millions and millions, it is nothing to them to give away merchandise.

Shoot, most major companies have a budget just for that.

If you look at the history of almost ALL routers, they all have problems. THAT IS WHY THEY HAVE A FIRMWARE UPGRADE BUTTON.

All Software that runs any equipment (Look at Windows and Linux) constantly receive updates DAILY to fix problems.

I commend Brainslayer and Kong for all their work making products do $h1t they really were not designed for.

If I go buy a honda and then say "Well, lets just slap this V8 in it" and expect there isn't gonna be problems then I am retarded.

Half these guys here dont realize what it takes to develop for products, even a simple driver integration requires massive testing and scripting and programming.

Just because a company makes a product that is open source doesn't mean they are gonna support the development of any one open source programmer.

It is far more complex than that.

DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 13:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can this Marvell chipset be considered a lemon and the wrt3200/1900 routers also? If so, would a class action lawsuit be possible? Someone else mentioned this possibility back in December/November I think.
05dyna
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 17:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
@ savagepagan the class action lawsuit was just an idea tossed out on the forum and that got about as much traction as a fart in the wind. So unless you were injured or made sick by your router you probably have a better chance of getting a date with your favorite super model than hitting pay dirt on a class action lawsuit. That said we don’t do legal advice here but if you feel that you have a case feel free to contact an attorney.
aairon
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 17:38    Post subject: Re: Great and Fast Router Reply with quote
sploit wrote:
This router and all of the fast WRT line are great routers.

I test all of them all the time.

Yes, some channels and settings on ddwrt dont work correctly but IF you set the router up with decent and working settings it is stable.

https://sploitworks.com/bbs/showthread.php?tid=29

[OPTIMAL WRT3200ACM WIFI SETTINGS]

866Mbps Link Rates Achieved below using...

#### Connected at full 5G Speeds on this setting
Wireless Mode: AP
Wireless Network Mode: Mixed
Channel Width: VHT80
Wireless Channel: 149
Extension Channel: Upper +6

#### Connected at full 2G Speeds on this setting
Wireless Network Mode: Mixed
Channel Width: Wide HT40
Wireless Channel: 6
Extension Channel: Lower

#### 2.4/5G Triband Radio (DONT TURN THIS ON)
Wireless Network Mode: Disabled
Disable TurboQAM

Advanced Settings (For all interfaces)
1) Protection Mode: RTS/CTS

Completely Stable and with VPN's also.

I run days worth of tests at a time on massive download lists over IPVanish and PIA.

I am wondering with all the people B17©hing on this thread, if they even own a WRT3200ACM or purchased a "For Parts Only" WRT3200ACM on Ebay and Resurected it and now find themselves wondering why they have problems a ton of other users on this forum dont.

This router can also VPN at 200Mbps easy, I have done it.

I'm not sure what you're smokin but if you'd be so kind could you ship an OZ to this old man in Washington.

Mine is pretty good but obviously not as good as whatever you have.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 23:05    Post subject: Reality Reply with quote
I drink reality. Real world situations in a bottle. Not hypothesized BS. I have Virtual Machines up I can prove it on.

You can email me a suckonreality@actuallyownstheproducts.com

DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 0:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
@sploit

alot of people have had the exact opposite experience, and it isn't do to a lack of ability.

I am glad you are having success !

https://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=312142&highlight=ac86u
sploit
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 0:18    Post subject: Ok Reply with quote
Not sure why.
Maybe there was a bad batch?
I HAVE seen that before...
Netgear did it with the R8000

DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, I don't personally know why they recalled so many Takata airbags either. Mine hasn't deployed on it's own. But I sure don't deny there is a definite issue.

Btw, I have had zero issues with my R8000, a much more stable AP for me then any of the wrt's I had.

https://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=312142&highlight=ac86u
r00ty
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:52    Post subject: Re: Ok Reply with quote
sploit wrote:
Not sure why.
Maybe there was a bad batch?
I HAVE seen that before...
Netgear did it with the R8000
Actually I think it's a little of column A and B.

I see very good speeds, and generally good stability. But a couple of devices I've seen will get the full speed, then randomly disconnect. Sometimes when they do, they will actually take out wifi completely.

One that's doing this a lot is a netgear extender (I use to bring wired networking to a point I've not wired at this time). Shows a solid "780Mbit/s" connection (I am seeing 500 or so on the dd-wrt list). If I'm streaming video from that device it will randomly lose connectivity. Sometimes it'll recover, sometimes take out the network.

When it's working, actual thruput is decent too (via extender, around 180Mbit/s).

So what I wonder is whether you've been lucky and don't have any devices which trigger the box and others do.

Just a thought though.
aairon
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
If one person is very happy with the operation of the router and that's good enough, perhaps someone should go tell D. Lin and Brain Slayer and about a dozen other people as well as linksys/belkin that they are all ape shit nuts for wasting their time, because this dude said there's nothing wrong.

Yep that doesn't seem workable for the rest of us.

P.S. please at least convince Linksys/belkin because they're probably spending thousands of dollars fucking around with a perfectly usable driver lol.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:36    Post subject: Limited time offer Reply with quote
Best deal, limited time.

(I would put this on Ebay but I have a fear it would sell...)

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:53    Post subject: Re: Great and Fast Router Reply with quote
aairon wrote:
I'm not sure what you're smokin but if you'd be so kind could you ship an OZ to this old man in Washington.

Mine is pretty good but obviously not as good as whatever you have.

I don't understand the need for the sarcasm...
aairon
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Laughing Smile Very Happy Laughing

Navigation

Jump to: