Initial delay accessing websites, once there, little problem

videobruce
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 21:01    Post subject: Initial delay accessing websites, once there, little problem Reply with quote
Hard to describe this other than I have noticed a somewhat long delay (5-10 seconds) from the time I click a bookmark and the site starts to load.
I run a data activity application (Bit Meter) and I see what is and what isn't coming down the pike. When I click on a bookmark (or manually enter a address in) there is a noticeable period where there is no response.

This is NOT a "speed" issue. Once I'm in the site, navigation seems fine changing pages etc. There does not seem to be any pattern, some probably are slower than others, but overall there is a very noticeable delay.

The only change is a newer Router (TP-Link Archer C7 v4) but I don't see how that has anything to do with it.

Specs;
Win 7 Pro
Opera Classic (v12.1Cool
No A/V program actively running
I'm using my ISP's DNS servers
Spectrum/TWC 100Mbps service
Firewall enabled
Wired connection
No fancy settings in the Router. The only changes made from default are static IP addresses for my devices set in the device itself, not in the Router.

I have run TraceRoutes to various addresses and there is no change as to the latency in the initial hops, including my Router.

Ideas? Questions?
Sponsor
videobruce
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 22:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks, I actually have changed DNS servers and I have been to Gibsons site. Wink
Too early to tell yet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: