Linksys EA6350 Support

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
choyado
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 18:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
JORGE wrote:
Normal firmware upgrade from linksys interface
I am dealing with V1

I am also on V1 and have done that. It seems to work fine for a while but eventually will reboot to the original firmware.
Sponsor
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 19:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Flash it twice with the same dd-wrt build, that way when it boots into the other partition, it will still be in dd-wrt.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 23:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
choyado wrote:
JORGE wrote:
I am dealing with V1

I am also on V1 and have done that. It seems to work fine for a while but eventually will reboot to the original firmware.

When you say for a while do you have a time limit.
Theboz been going over 45 days now so he said
jfunk7997
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
guillaumedsde wrote:
To anyone with the ea6350v2, it seems like if you update to the latest official firmware and then flash latest ddwrt it works.

It does not reboot to the second partition with the stock firmware.

If you do want to go back to the stock firmware, do a 30/30/30 reset.

IMPORTANT
if you do decide to flash ddwrt, do know that the reset button only resets the stock partition's data not ddwrt's, hence the reset does not work for DDWRT.

I learned the lesson the hard way as I am locked out of the web interface with no other way to access the router.

HOWEVER
if you're not like me and don't lose the password to the web interface, it seems like ddwrt is working great

I have a v2, but I can't get the linksys firmware to flash the webflash file. It just gives an invalid firmware error. I'm new to flashing routers. Am I missing something?
phicha
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
JORGE wrote:
I am dealing with V1

which firmware do You use ?
I have ea6300 ac1200 with BCM47081A0. I try a lot firmware but back to stock after reset.
JORGE
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
The firmware in the link THEBOZ posted in this thread.
I have EA6350 version 1
phicha
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
JORGE wrote:
I have EA6350 version 1

Can I use it for EA6300
(AC1200) no
version Q87
-EA6300 Broadcom
BCM47081A0
@800

since it said same for = EA6350
in here https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Devices
phicha
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 15:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
JORGE wrote:
I have EA6350 version 1

Wow It Working... will give any result if there is a problem or not.

Just somehow why after I reboot my router sometimes it back to stock firmware ? thanks
mengalva
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:14    Post subject: Flashing EA6350V2" Reply with quote
I had flashed with success my EA6350V2, through the serial port following this steps:

You need:
• USB to 3.3V/5V TTL adapter (search for it at ebay or amazon). For preference buy one that has labeled the type of pin (3.3V, TXD, RXD, GND, 5.5V)
• 3 female-female dupont cables to connect GND, TXD and RXD pins
• 1 Ethernet cable
• Windows PC
• Download Putty http://www.putty.org/
• Download tftpd32 or tftpd64 depending on your windows OS http://tftpd32.jounin.net/
• Download last version of the firmware “linksys-ea6350-webflash.bin”
• Optional download Linksys firmware if you want to revert the dd-wrt flash

Step 1: Unplug all Ethernet cables and do a factory Reset pressing the Reset button until you see flashing the light and wait until the startup process finish. Give it an estimate of 5 minutes until you see the light stop flashing.

Step 2: Unplug the router and open it to get access to the board (you will plug it again until step 9)

Step 3: Connect the 3 Dupont cables to the TXD, RXD and GND pins of the USB to TTL adapter

Step 4: Identify in the router's board the serial port at the left of the processor’s heat diffuser. Identify the 3.3V pin by looking for a little white arrow in front of the most left pin. We will not use that pin but it will help us to identify the rest of the pins. The GND pin is in the opposite side (most right pin), connect there the other end of the cable that you connect to the GND pin in the adapter. The cables for TXD and RXD must be crossed, but, How will you know how to connect them right in the board if they don’t have an identifier? Easy, just invert the cable that you connected next to the GND in the adapter like this:

Adapter <-------------------------------> Board (4 pins)
---------------------------------------3.3v pin (don’t use this pin)
TXD (yellow cable) ----------------------- (white cable)
RXD (white cable) ------------------------ (yellow cable)
GND (black cable) ----------------------- (black cable) GND (most right pin)

*the color nomenclature is just as an example

Step 5: Connect the USB adapter to the PC and open the device manager and look which COM number was assigned, we will use this information on a next step.
I will not go deep on this but is very probably that you must download the correct driver for your adapter, in my case I had to download to a previous version to make it work.

Step 6: (set a static IP on the computer)
Attach the ethernet cable from the router to the computer. (Do not use the WAN port)
Open the Network and Connection Settings and set your NIC IPv4 to static.
address: 192.168.1.2
netmask: 255.255.255.0

Step 7: (setting up putty)
Open up putty.exe.
Under Category->Connection select Serial.
Set the correct COM line. (Mine was COM6)
>Speed(baud): 115200
>Data bits: 8
>Stop bits: 1
>Parity: None
>Flow Control: None
Under Category -> Session set Connection Type to Serial.
Click Open. (putty should show a black terminal window now; keep this open!)

Step 8: Open tftpd32 or tftpd64 (depends on your windows OS)
Select client mode tab,
Fill routers ip address: 192.168.1.1
Fill Port: 69
Search for the firmware file name
Hold also this program open

Step 9: Plug the power cord to the router and watch the PUTTY terminal start capturing the startup process, then press ctrl-C repeatedly until you see the light flashing. You will get the CFE prompt.

IMPORTANT when you plug the power cord to the router all the lights of the Ethernet ports must turn on and then off to start capturing the startup process in PUTTY, if they don’t turn off you must unplug the power cord and plug it again. Repeat the process until the lights go ON and then OFF

Step 10: Flash the “linksys-ea6350-webflash.bin” file to the first partition

In the CFE prompt of the PUTTY terminal enter the following command and hit enter:
flash -noheader : nflash0.trx

Go to the tftpd program that you already configure in the step 8 and hit the “Put” button

You will start watching the flashing progress. When tftpd finish you will see in PUTTY changing from “reading” to “programing” (don’t close the tftpd program, you will use the same configuration to flash the second partition in the next step). Wait some minutes until you return to the CFE prompt

Step 11: Flash the “linksys-ea6350-webflash.bin” to the second partition. Repeat the step 10 changing the command in PUTTY to:

CFE> flash -noheader : nflash0.trx2

Step 12: When flashing the second partition process ends and you get back to the CFE prompt unplug the power cord, unplug the Ethernet cable, unplug the USB to TTL adapter from the computer, remove the Dupont cables from the serial port and assembly the router again. In the computer remove the static IP address to get automatically an IP.

Step 13: Connect the WAN cable and the LAN cable to the computer, plugin the power cord to the router and wait like 5 minutes for the startup process to finish.
Open a browser and access to the dd-wrt GUI typing 192.168.1.1

IMPORTANT Initially I didn’t get the WAN IP address so no internet connection. I had to call my ISP to update my WAN MAC address and that solved the problem. Other option is to cloning the previous MAC Address.

I have a week working with no issues, I have try all the options for rebooting included in DD-WRT (Factory Defaults, Reboot Router) to make shure to not return to the Linsys GUI. The Reset button does nothing in DD-WRT, I push it like 2 minutes and nothing happens (maybe because of the two partition flashing).

I hope this guide help the owners of an EA6350V2
roybatty
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 20:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
jfunk7997 wrote:
guillaumedsde wrote:
To anyone with the ea6350v2, it seems like if you update to the latest official firmware and then flash latest ddwrt it works.

IMPORTANT
if you do decide to flash ddwrt, do know that the reset button only resets the stock partition's data not ddwrt's, hence the reset does not work for DDWRT.

I learned the lesson the hard way as I am locked out of the web interface with no other way to access the router.

HOWEVER
if you're not like me and don't lose the password to the web interface, it seems like ddwrt is working great

I have a v2, but I can't get the linksys firmware to flash the webflash file. It just gives an invalid firmware error. I'm new to flashing routers. Am I missing something?

Following guillaumedsde's advice I have successfully flashed the latest DD-WRT build (01-19-2018-r34578) after updating to the latest LinkSys EA6530 V2's build (2.1.2.184309).

I used the LinkSys UI to perform both updates and each was successful at first attempt. My router was bought specifically for the purpose of setting up a VPN endpoint on my network and these updates were the first things I did out of the box.

I have been running what appears to be a stable environment for a little over a day now. I haven't used the reset button on the box, but rather if I need to I switch it off and then back on again (only had to do this to move it from one power outlet to another).

Still got a bit to do to get the router doing what I need for my network, but all looks good from a DD-WRT point of view...
toy4two
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:51    Post subject: beward EA6350V3 !! Reply with quote
after order the USB to TTL to flash this Linksys EA6350V3 directly using the above instructions, I found NO serial dupont connectors anywhere after full disassembly.

I used this site and learned the EA6350V3 isn't even a Broadcom device but uses a Qualcomm CPU and Qualcomm WiFi chipset.

I just bought this and the stock Linksys firmware is GARBAGE, requires a reboot daily, doesn't support static DNS like OpenDNS. The biggest headache was the daily reboots, very unstable on the newest Linksys official firmware.

Its going back to the store. Avoid this model at all costs.

https://wikidevi.com/wiki/Linksys_EA6350_v3

Above details the chipsets and you can click on the bottom right to switch between V1/V2/V3 and see videos of disasembly and where the serial dupont connectors are
shorteverypin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Warning:
Don't install
/betas/2018/02-17-2018-r35034/linksys-ea6350/
The control panel web server won't start up. Luckly the SSH server seems to be up. Unfortunately the reset button has never really worked.

I've hard bricked 2 of these, this one might be my third. This is a BAD router for DD-WRT stuff. Asus' CFE makes recovery much easier.

Also, I do have Dupont headers on my Broadcom based V1's. The dual bios of the V2's are not replacement for Asus' CFE miniweb server.
cytec
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
I was unlucky enough to get a v3, purchased from Amazon AU. Beside the disappointment with not being able to flash DD-WRT the actual Linksys firmware appears to have a bug which made the router unusable for my intended use case.

It would not connect as a Wireless Bridge to a 5GHZ SSID that had a space in the name.

I was able to get it to connect to a 2.4ghz without a space but no matter what I did (I wasted 2 hours on this thing), I could not get it to work.

Also the user interface was the worst I have ever seen on a router.

Didn't even bother reporting the problem to Linksys (they should have picked this up in testing), returned for a refund.
IONK
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
guillaumedsde wrote:
Blaster M wrote:
What's the procedure for the v2?

Just flash the webflash ddwrt file through the linksys interface, at least this worked for me

roybatty wrote:
jfunk7997 wrote:
guillaumedsde wrote:

Following guillaumedsde's advice I have successfully flashed the latest DD-WRT build (01-19-2018-r34578) after updating to the latest LinkSys EA6530 V2's build (2.1.2.184309).

I used the LinkSys UI to perform both updates and each was successful at first attempt. .

not working for my case.
i have v2 with latest firmware 2.1.2.184309.
After loading ddwrt, i can access the ddwrt control panel as usual, but after a while, the router auto restarts (maybe because i click on the ApplySeting button on some page) and the stock Linksys firmware comes back, with the original settings (no i'm not dreaming Neutral )

I also tried Kong FW as suggested by theboz, but after loading, the router couldn't boot up (led stable but no wifi, no LAN, no access to ddwrt control panel), maybe because it's meant for v1?

Is there any other way than to open the casing and load the firmware via serial port?

I used DD-WRT r35244 downloaded from here ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2018/03-05-2018-r35244/linksys-ea6350/ . Can everyone share the version that is working?

Last edited by IONK on Tue May 15, 2018 0:46; edited 1 time in total
BungieCord
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 0:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the help, theboz. Thanks to your thread two pages back I got DD-WRT loaded on my v1 without drama. I've soft rebooted, hard rebooted and done a reset and it's still there.

Hey, Malachi, that ASUS router you sold me is still rockin'. I've left JB's Merlin firmware on it but I'm losing my patience with how much harder Merlin makes editing IP tables. Plus flashing DD-WRT on this EA6350 reminded me how much more 'familiar' it looks (still) than the AsusWrt-Merlin. Now I need to budget the time to make the switch.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 25, 26, 27  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 16 of 27
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: