WRT3200ACM use ath2 as client to another WIFI network

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
elfarto
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 15:53    Post subject: WRT3200ACM use ath2 as client to another WIFI network Reply with quote
We are in an office building that provides Wifi/LAN service (which sucks), so we installed a 3rd party ISP connection to our office which works so much better. For this we use a Linksys ACM-3200 running DD-WRT.
Unfortunately the printers (which are also provided by the building) are reachable only via the building's wifi. which means that in order to print we have to disconnect from our private WIFI and connect back to the building's network, which is very cumbersome as you can imagine.

I have two scenarios that so far haven't been able to make them work
1) Use ath2 to connect to the building WIFI manually and setup up routing rules to send printer traffic using this interface (If i switch ath2 to client mode dd-wrt assumes it will be used as the WAN connection and ruins my setup)
2) Connect an ethernet port on the router to the building LAN, configure it to use dhcp and setup routing ( I have no idea how to do this as the LAN ports on the router don't show up as individual interfaces)

Any thoughts/ideas will be greatly appreciated.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: