How can I ask for help on a WiFi bridge with 2 RT-N66 router

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
SidCharming
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 18:25    Post subject: How can I ask for help on a WiFi bridge with 2 RT-N66 router Reply with quote
Configuations are based on: WDS WiKi https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/WDS_Linked_router_network

I am connecting the two routers via 5Ghz band. They are on the same network 10.0.0.1 & 10.0.0.3 (sample IP). I am using WDS with and without (Loose WDS).

1. when next to each other (pre-deployment) they could:
a.) connect to each other with strong signal strength(good/expected)
b.) not connect to each other
c.) the connecting takes quite some time, which I have given up, gone to bed to find a connection established overnight.
... This inconsistency rubs me wrong ...
I verify same 5Ghz channel, same passcode, same settings for WDS Advanced. WDS MACs are verified...
(keep in mind they are within the same room)

There was a time when I had them talking to each other and I tested with hard-wired computer hanging on each router pinging across the wifi bridge (successfully). I went to deploy in given image to a span of just under 50' apart. The complex is a business building with a few between. Some have WiFi and some don't... so I am working with interference. I try and use my cell phone to identify usage bands in 5Ghz.

Am I using equipment that shouldn't be used to connect a bridge across ~50 feet span? Should I be considering a Cisco Router combo for this??

I know I am not showing you my configurations because I am not sure how to show in a single source of Primary and Secondary router config (if you know, share so I can post).

I am ready to give up and possibly get two separate network connections vs utilize one for the two offices.

(attachment is showing offices in 'L' shape... Blue is primary and Green is the Secondary location in the connection, circles are approx 50' radius)

* as for 2.4Ghz band, I am uncertain if I should connect via WDS... but that's what each site is using to connect their hardware via WiFi... At the moment they are the same SSID

WiFi Range.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  187.42 KB
 Viewed:  871 Time(s)

WiFi Range.png

Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: