FIX for installing DD-WRT on new WRT3200

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
BobbyLee
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
My 3200ACM s/n starts with 19810 so does that indicate an early or later version? Haven't set mine up so I'm still running my WRT1900ACSv1 w/DDWRT. I haven't setup the 3200ACM on DDWRT because I keep reading complaints about wireless connections or OpenVPN issues. Is r35034 stable for those two issues on the 3200ACM?
Sponsor
preqcherman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 15:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the post. Couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong in the installation. Found this post. Could not find the r35034 build but found another ina March 2018 directory (build 35244) which worked perfectly. Thanks
parallon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:45    Post subject: Works for me... Reply with quote
I recently purchased the WRT3200ACM, and I can confirm that all works well with this firmware. I do have one question though, and I have looked high and low, but is there a way to set up VLANs on this router? I have seen numerous tutorials explaining how to do it for other routers, but the tab that they are describing is just not there for this one? Any options other than VLANs if there isn't a solution? I am just trying to segment 1 LAN to NOT go through my VPN (for Netflix devices), my security cameras to be on a different segment, and everything else in my house go through my VPN. Would be even better if I could separate one of the LAN ports on the back of the router for the security camera VLAN. Other than that, everything seems to work great. I had a lot of issues when I originally tried one of the latest 2017 builds.

Thanks,

Mike
bungy961
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 23:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
I too also flashed wrt3200acm with DD-WRT V2 with no problems
GekkeHenkie
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 23:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
bungy961 wrote:
I too also flashed wrt3200acm with DD-WRT V2 with no problems

Same here with r35384 Very Happy Very Happy

Got pppoe with vlan tagging working
Very Happy
Now trying to get KPN iptv working on vlan4
jagster936
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 21:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
This is the first time I've seen this! This is exciting, so I can try this build. My question is, does the newest build r35681 work also? I've been trying that with no success. Are these backwards compatible? Or what is the latest working build?

I have just bought from BestBuy, think have the newer chipset as it won't take so far, just gets into bootloops and reverts back to linksys. I will try again tonight with this build and the newer one. What do yall recommend?

Thank you so much, was about to return this, I have more hope now
Hotrock
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 22:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
I tried to download the latest software, and it I get an error. Is there something wrong in the database?

error: /var/www/firmwares/releases//r30796-10-25-2016/linksys-wrt3200acm/factory-to-ddwrt.bin does not exist
jagster936
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 0:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry for fuss. Too much beer last night had a 2017 firmware thing fudge clicked.

Thanks for the help works great!
myersw
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hotrock wrote:
I tried to download the latest software, and it I get an error. Is there something wrong in the database?

error: /var/www/firmwares/releases//r30796-10-25-2016/linksys-wrt3200acm/factory-to-ddwrt.bin does not exist

That does not look like a valid link and that is a 2016 build. Not worth the effort to even download.

Go here for latest.
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2018/
The 04-06 build should work well for you.

Also read the stickies or the threads in my sig, same info. Will save you from asking questions and hurting things.

ISP:Comcast
tutorial for flashing "WRT" series:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=287813
DD-WRT Installation, Upgrade & Basic Setup–Cliff Notes:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=311117
Kong DD-WRT Config Tutorial:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Install-and-Configure-a-DD-WRT-Kong-Router/
I tried to be normal once. Worst 2 minutes ever.
pscott05
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Awesome! Thanks. I just got an RMA 3200ACM, SN starts 19811, I'll give this a shot this afternoon. Any suggestions as to which build is the most stable? Got the RMA because my 2.4Ghz channel keeps dropping.
Thanks for all the hard work you all do!
-Patrick
myersw
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 13:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
jagster936 wrote:
This is the first time I've seen this! This is exciting, so I can try this build. My question is, does the newest build r35681 work also? I've been trying that with no success. Are these backwards compatible? Or what is the latest working build?

I have just bought from BestBuy, think have the newer chipset as it won't take so far, just gets into bootloops and reverts back to linksys. I will try again tonight with this build and the newer one. What do yall recommend?

Make sure you are using the correct file for the flash. The factory to ddwrt bin file is the one to use from the Linksys partition. Yes r35681 should work fine.

Also, if you have not, read either the stickies or the threads in my sig. They are the same.

pscott05
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 21:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
myersw wrote:
jagster936 wrote:

Make sure you are using the correct file for the flash. The factory to ddwrt bin file is the one to use from the Linksys partition. Yes r35681 should work fine.

Also, if you have not, read either the stickies or the threads in my sig. They are the same.

I'm looking for the best practices wireless settings for an 3200ACM. I read your stickie on configuring dd-wrt, but that article is a little dated. Do you have the ideal settings for 2.4 and 5 Ghz wifi settings?

Thanks,

-Patrick
aairon
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 21:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
What specific questions do you have?

It's no different then any other router I've had, I've been through this since these first came out and I don't recall anything you need to be aware of.

Oh the third radio can now be used but has little value so I always leave it disabled.

The antenna for that is a tiny internal circuit board so it has a even more limited range then the other radios. It also doesn't use the same driver.

Also power settings mean nothing as the power levels are set internally at this time and nothing you do in the UI is going to change the actual power output, so if you specifically need low levels your out of luck.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 23:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
pscott05 wrote:
I'm looking for the best practices wireless settings for an 3200ACM. I read your stickie on configuring dd-wrt, but that article is a little dated. Do you have the ideal settings for 2.4 and 5 Ghz wifi settings?

Thanks,

-Patrick

There really are not any ideal settings for wireless as everyone has a unique environment. I do leave the mode set to mixed as I have had issues when selecting others. So what might work well for me might not work well for you. Wireless is a try and see what works best for you. As aairon said, the one radio is not for wireless connectivity, it is supposed to support radar detection for 5 gig channels, but that is not implemented in dd-wrt to my knowledge. Leave it disabled.

pscott05
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 15:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
OK. Thanks gentlemen. I guess I'll have to play around with it and see what I come up with.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: