YAY! I finally got Softether to work on DD-WRT!

orokusaki
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:06    Post subject: YAY! I finally got Softether to work on DD-WRT! Reply with quote
It's best to learn this with Windows OS at two ends, once you do, you can export the configuration to the DD-WRT router, and it should work, after you fix the local bridge and reassign the bridge to the correct adapter.

Lan to Lan Bridge as a VPN Server works on DD-WRT, but not the Lan to Lan L3 Switch model. With the L3 Switch you have new ip addresses on the network that act as secondary gateways, but they don't appear if you run the VPN Server on DD-WRT, but with the Lan to Lan Bridge model, the secondary gateways aren't needed.

I configured my network to be 10.0.0.0/20, and setup a bridge between my home network and Amazon EC2 (running Windows), also running 10.0.0.0/20

Yay!!!! I can't get an Ubuntu EC2 to work as a bridge, not sure why. Will try Fedora.

I will probably try to make the EC2 Instance the VPN Server and DD-WRT running as the bridge.

SoftEther is awesome! Thanks for adding this BrainSlayer!
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: