YAMon and DDWRT

Jouster
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 13:57    Post subject: YAMon and DDWRT Reply with quote
I've posted over at YAMon3 site via Facebook but thought I would ask here as well.

A friend has seen my DDWRT/YAMon3 setup on my Linksys WRT1200ac router and wants to do similar but I'm not sure if it will work the way he wants.

My router connects to the internet via a LAN cable in the WAN port...all data/traffic is monitored by the router and then measured by YAMon3.

He will be using a Cellular Broadband box much like a mobile phone and then route that connection to his router via a cable in router only mode.....so the WAN of the router wouldn't be used at all. Would it just function as a smart network switch and handle DCHP but NOT monitor traffic in the same way?

So I guess the question is, will this allow DDWRT and YAMon3 to monitor his traffic in the same way?

He is eager to jump in but I have said if it doesn't work he will be no better off than he is now as it is only the traffic monitoring that he really wants.

Thanks in advance

J
Sponsor
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 13:07    Post subject: Re: YAMon and DDWRT Reply with quote
Jouster wrote:
I've posted over at YAMon3 site via Facebook but thought I would ask here as well.

A friend has seen my DDWRT/YAMon3 setup on my Linksys WRT1200ac router and wants to do similar but I'm not sure if it will work the way he wants.

My router connects to the internet via a LAN cable in the WAN port...all data/traffic is monitored by the router and then measured by YAMon3.

He will be using a Cellular Broadband box much like a mobile phone and then route that connection to his router via a cable in router only mode.....so the WAN of the router wouldn't be used at all. Would it just function as a smart network switch and handle DCHP but NOT monitor traffic in the same way?

So I guess the question is, will this allow DDWRT and YAMon3 to monitor his traffic in the same way?

He is eager to jump in but I have said if it doesn't work he will be no better off than he is now as it is only the traffic monitoring that he really wants.

Thanks in advance

J
if the router is the dhcp server,then traffic should flow through iptables & yamon should work...afaik
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 13:08    Post subject: Re: YAMon and DDWRT Reply with quote
Jouster wrote:

Thanks in advance

J
if the router is the dhcp server,then traffic should flow through iptables & yamon should work...afaik
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: