Not able to flash dd-wrt to the new Linksys wrt3200acm

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
jagster936
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 20:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
I saw multiple posts where it failed non that succeeded
Sponsor
myersw
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 21:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
jagster936 wrote:
I saw multiple posts where it failed non that succeeded

Read this tread. Should be able to flash without issues. Folks have been successful.

https://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=313921&highlight=

ISP:Comcast
tutorial for flashing "WRT" series:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=287813
DD-WRT Installation, Upgrade & Basic Setup–Cliff Notes:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=311117
Kong DD-WRT Config Tutorial:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Install-and-Configure-a-DD-WRT-Kong-Router/
I tried to be normal once. Worst 2 minutes ever.
jagster936
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 21:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Edit: this was meant for that other forum, but thanks for referencing this.

This is the first time I've seen this! This is exciting, so I can try this build. My question is, does the newest build r35681 work also? I've been trying that with no success. Are these backwards compatible? Or what is the latest working build?

I have just bought from BestBuy, think have the newer chipset as it won't take so far, just gets into bootloops and reverts back to linksys. I will try again tonight with this build and the newer one. What do yall recommend?

Thank you so much, was about to return this, I have more hope now
jagster936
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry for fuss. Too much beer last night had a 2017 firmware thing fudge clicked.

Thanks for the help works great!
Mazufa
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 23:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello

I bought a new Linksys router wrt3200acm today. I tried to install DD-WRT software several times, and whenever I go back to the Linksys to your repertoire.

I tried to install DD-WRT software also weblash file from this link: ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2018/04-06-2018-r35681/linksys-wrt3200acm/

Can someone help me?
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 0:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Which browser(s) are you using? I use Waterfox Classic, Pale Moon or Firefox ESR 45/52 as they behave in a consistent manner.

Some have issues with Chrome or Edge (now Chromium based) and sometimes with the latest FF too (rendering for example).

Are you flashing with the factory-to-ddwrt binary?

Do you have any firewall or security software which you may need to disable first?

Are you flashing over Ethernet cable connected to a LAN port?

Have you reset Linksys firmware to factory defaults? Your computer auto acquires the default ip address, netmask, gateway?

Any particular reason you chose build r35681?

I recommend r38159 or r40009 from this year.

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2019/

https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2019/

Follow the most recent build threads for user feedback.

Last edited by blkt on Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:04; edited 1 time in total
Mazufa
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
blkt wrote:
Which browser(s) are you using? I use Waterfox Classic, Pale Moon or Firefox ESR 45/52 as they behave in a consistent manner.

Some have issues with Chrome or Edge (now Chromium based) and sometimes with the latest FF too (rendering for example).

Are you flashing with the factory-to-ddwrt binary?

Do you have any firewall or security software which you may need to disable first?

Are you flashing over Ethernet cable connected to a LAN port?

Have you reset Linksys firmware to factory defaults? Your computer auto acquires the default ip address, netmask, gateway?

Any particular reason you chose build r35681?

I recommend r38159 or r40009 from this year.

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2019/

https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2019/

Follow the most recent new build threads for user feedback.

I also have a Linksys wrt1900acs but because I wanted a slightly more powerful router I decided to buy a brand new Linksys wrt3200ACM router. Currently my WRT3200ACM router is running Linksys proprietary firmware this version 1.0.6.186168.

I have Norton Security and it also has a firewall, but I successfully installed wrt1900acs on DD-WRT even though Norton Security Premium has been enabled and I have a chrome browser.

I'll try the next r40009 DD-WRT version.

Thanks
Mazufa
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
OpenWRT firmware was successfully installed on my new Linksys WRT3200ACM router, but DD-WRT cannot be installed by any means. I tried to install several DD-WRT versions that have been recommended in this forum thread, but I have not had succeed in what DD-WRT An assembly Sad

I'm really in a desperate situation. Is there any solution to this problem? Why did OpenWRT install without problems but I can't install DD-WRT?
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 16:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Probably it's because of the web browser used. I already went through all the possibilities above.

Now that you are on OpenWRT you will need to sysupgrade back to stock Linksys firmware before attempting a DD-WRT flash.

Alternatively, if you still have stock firmware on the other partition you can boot into it, factory or hard reset, and try again.

https://www.linksys.com/us/support-article?articleNum=316324
Mazufa
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 17:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have tried installing Firefox, Chrome and Explorer browsers, but the installation will fail. OpenWRT was installed in 2 partition and I booted the router via SSH connection with command 1 to the partition that had the Linksys firmware installed.

I am now a one days trying to install DD-WRT software but I have had no luck. I am very frustrated and annoyed about this. I have ordered the Netgear R7800 router for myself and it is quite similar to what WRT3200ACM router.

Some other DD-WRT users have also decided to give up the WRT3200ACM router because of this issue and have purchased the Netgear R7800 router. I believe my life will be easier with the Netgear R7800 router.
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 17:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Plenty of people did not have your troubles.

I see you didn't try any of browsers I recommended.

Did you disable all security and firewall software?

I own WRT3200ACM, R7800 and considering buying a used EA8500.
Mazufa
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 17:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have to tell you that I really did not expect such a problem that DD-WRT could not be installed. I have taken off Norton and AdBlocker but it did not help.

verkkokauppa.com which I have ordered the Netgear R7800 router so it does not have them in stock and they ordered them. They will only be delivered to warehouse within 12-16 days and estimated delivery time is 30.12.2019-6.1.2020. Not fun at all Sad This is the router I ordered by cash on delivery, so I pay for it when I pick up a parcel in Finland so I don't have any money here yet: https://www.verkkokauppa.com/fi/product/42448/jdsvg/Netgear-Nighthawk-X4S-AC2600-WiFI-reititin

If the DD-WRT installation was successful, I could unsubscribe from Netgear R7800.

I would have been really happy with the WRT3200ACM router if only the DD-WRT installation succeeded. However, this problem is probably because Linksys has upgraded the NAND memory of this router.

However, I managed to install OpenWRT and I just wonder why the DD-WRT can't be installed.
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 17:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
The issue with Linksys switching to different NAND chips was resolved long long ago.

I know you are going to wiggle in your chair over this, but please try Waterfox Classic.

You may want to double check norton security and windows firewall are disabled too.

Weird stuff happens with these security suites that override the integrated windows services.

Last edited by blkt on Sat Dec 14, 2019 17:57; edited 1 time in total
Mazufa
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 17:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
I can of course only be un lucky and I was able to get a defective product?

I will try to install with the browser you suggested to me.

Is there any program that I can try to install DD-WRT firmware GUI instead?
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 18:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry I was adding a line to my post above. No your router is not defective. The reason I suggested the browsers in my first reply is because their behavior more like the older Firefox/ESR builds.

I can almost guarantee you it's due to a combination of security/firewall (norton/windows battle) and the browser used to flash the factory-to-ddwrt binary.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 6 of 10
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: