Isolated VLAN on all ports with Internet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
mikeng123
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 18:22    Post subject: Isolated VLAN on all ports with Internet Reply with quote
I am trying to setup separate VLANS on all ports, Isolated and with internet.

I used the GUI and was able to get the VLANS to work on all 4 ports but the router just can't get a WAN ip?

I have been trying for a week now and I have no idea on how to fix it. If someone can help me figure it out, it would be great.

I have attached the settings on the GUI as well as the settings via telnet.

I have a Linksys E3200 with:
Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (03/25/13) mega
Time: 00:05:25 up 5 min, load average: 0.00, 0.01, 0.00
WAN IP: 0.0.0.0

Thanks

1.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  112.57 KB
 Viewed:  1953 Time(s)

1.png

2.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  95.93 KB
 Viewed:  1953 Time(s)

2.png

Sponsor
MrPete
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 0:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
At the very least, follow my updated guide to setting up VLANs.

Unfortunately, any time you go beyond the basics, some manual nvram changes are required.

See here:
https://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=312045

(Maybe this can be eventually added to the stickies...)
mikeng123
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 13:28    Post subject: Solved with alternative solution Reply with quote
I didn't exactly figure out how to solve this issue using DD-WRT. Event with Mr. Pete's instruction, I just couldn't get it to work correctly.

I switched to Tomato by Shibby firmware and I was able to get it to work using the GUI interfaces. Sorry if I was not supposed to mention it. As an amateur, I just couldn't figure it out and it may help other amateur like my self. I needed the vlan functionality since I was putting in cameras. I didn't want the cameras to be on the same lan as my computers and also be connected to the internet.

I have used DD-WRT for years since the manufacturer's firmware is always spotty...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: