Mount eSATA Drive on Netgear R7500v2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
PseudoResonance
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:13    Post subject: Mount eSATA Drive on Netgear R7500v2 Reply with quote
I am attempting to mount a hard drive connected to the eSATA port on my Netgear R7500v2. I don't see anything in the release details stating that the eSATA port is inoperable or something, but I can't seem to get it to mount, and I know from the stock firmware that it is a software issue, not hardware.

Build: DD-WRT v3.0-r35700M kongat
Router: Netgear AC2350 (R7500v2)

I am not too experienced with mounting drives in Linux. I've tried running blkid, but it only returns
Code:
/dev/mtdblock6: TYPE="squashfs"

The hard drive is formatted in NTFS, and I was going to setup a simple Samba share with it.

Am I just missing something, or is eSATA not actually supported? Thanks!
Sponsor
PseudoResonance
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 22:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Figured it out. Not sure what went wrong when I tried it before, but when I enabled USB support and auto mount, the drive immediately came up. Perhaps the router had just needed a restart or something, but it seems eSATA is handled perfectly with the USB configuration page.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: