Cannot connect to virtual interface with security enabled

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
BurtonSnol3order
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:26    Post subject: Cannot connect to virtual interface with security enabled Reply with quote
I'm about ready to call it quits, but I figured I'd throw this out there.

I've got a Netgear r6700 running build 33525 which is the latest version I could find that works on it, but I had the exact same issue on an older firmware.

I've got a cell hotspot set up as my internet source and the r6700 is acting as a repeater. I am connected to the network perfectly and wired connection is never a problem. When I add a virtual network, I begin to experience the issues.

On both the 2.4 and 5.0 networks, if I leave security disabled everything connects as it should. The moment I add security (I tried them all), It will act as it is connecting (I don't get an error that the key is invalid), but eventually it will just pop up and say "unable to connect to this network".

I've tried everything I can think of and the moment I enable security, I can no longer connect. I may try to go through the R6700 to R7000 conversion to try new firmware that way.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: