Asus RT-AC3200

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
berlinerbolle
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 16:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Unfortunately Kongs firmware does not work properly for me in bridge mode. Client bridge mode is incredibly slow on the interface set to AP mode, and repeater bridge mode causes the router to bootloop if I reboot it or restore settings (if I even get it set up at all, most of the time I will not be able to select channels on the interface set to AP mode).

With brainslayer I don't have those issues, but overall performance of the wireless interfaces is not very good. I guess I'll have to stick to two separate routers for my needs for now.
Sponsor
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 17:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
Never use tathagatha firmware.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 17:09    Post subject: Repeater Bridge Reply with quote
Dear Friend,

But you already did it when you flash the Kong R8000 firmware as far as Know you just have to flash it, because you're already in DD-WRT firmware.

Atte.
Muadeep Cool
hatta00
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 15:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
I flashed Kongs firmware. Its not booting and I cant get in to recovery mode. I am powering on the router with the red button held down. Instead of blinking, the LED on the left turns off.

I cannot ping the router, so I cannot tftp. What options do I have?

Edit: powering up the router with wps held, then switching to the reset button gets the power led blinking. Still no ping, and it cant be found by the recovery utility.

Am I going to have to use serial recovery? Where can I find a procedure for that?
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 16:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Google dd-wrt serial recovery.
Set a static ip on your computer and set a continuous ping. Ping 192.168.1.1. -t.
Then before turning on the router hold the reset button in then turn it on. When the ping response is ttl=100 it is in recovery mode. Then you can try to flash firmware using the mini cfe web server or use tftpd32.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 15:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Turns out, it fixed itself after being left in recovery mode for over 24 hours. I've seen this router do the same thing with other firmware, but only taking about an hour. Wonder if it's just my unit, or if the model itself is just strange.

For future reference if anyone else has this problem. Flash the firmware, let it reboot. Power off.
Hold the WPS button and power on.
When the power LED flashes quickly, press and hold the reset button and release the WPS button.
The power button will blink slowly.

Keep a terminal pinging 192.168.1.1 while you do this. If it's stuck in boot loops, the output will switch between "timeout" and "unreachable". Just let it do its thing for an hour, or overnight, or a day.

Kinda sucks, but I'm happy to not have to open the router. And DDWRT works great!
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 15:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
hatta00 wrote:
Turns out, it fixed itself after being left in recovery mode for over 24 hours. I've seen this router do the same thing with other firmware, but only taking about an hour. Wonder if it's just my unit, or if the model itself is just strange.

For future reference if anyone else has this problem. Flash the firmware, let it reboot. Power off.
Hold the WPS button and power on.
When the power LED flashes quickly, press and hold the reset button and release the WPS button.
The power button will blink slowly.

Keep a terminal pinging 192.168.1.1 while you do this. If it's stuck in boot loops, the output will switch between "timeout" and "unreachable". Just let it do its thing for an hour, or overnight, or a day.

Kinda sucks, but I'm happy to not have to open the router. And DDWRT works great!

Your instructions are not the correct procedure.
Try all other official methods which should work.

Last edited by Malachi on Wed Aug 01, 2018 21:34; edited 1 time in total
spaceghost
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 20:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
What's the latest consensus on this router in terms of stability and compatibility with dd-wrt and KONG builds?

I am getting some spotty coverage using my Asus RT-AC68U on the 2.4ghz band and I'm wondering if I will get better performance/range with the AC-3200?

The critical functions for me are:

Routing with 2.4 and 5ghz support
Softether and/or IPSec server support

I recently tried an Asus RT-AC87U and while the radios were good, there were massive issues with missing features and functionality when it came to using DD-WRT (no softether in BS builds for the 87U). The 87U was also excruciatingly slow to flash and reboot. I ended up returning it.

So I'm wondering if the AC-3200 would be a good replacement for the venerable and stable RT-AC68U?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Display posts from previous:    Page 8 of 8
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: